Accepted Forms of Payment
- Cash or Interac® (ATM/debit card) for pickup orders
- Certified Personal Cheque, Money Order, Western Union and Gift Certificate
- Visa or Mastercard (Canadian and United States residents only)
- E-Transfer (Interac®)
Enter credit card details online during the encrypted and secure checkout process, or verbally by phone to one of our sales experts.
Please ensure your billing address matches exactly as it appears on your monthly statement for faster processing.
We ship only to addresses registered on the credit card. Talk with your financial institution about registering an alternate address, or a one-time special authorization on your account in which you have to provide the name of our company.
Credit Card Orders Outside of Canada and the United States
We do not accept credit card payments for orders outside of Canada and the United States, because we cannot verify billing information on international credit cards.
If you live outside of North America, we recommend paying by Western Union.
These measures are put in place for the protection of the cardholder and ourselves. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
Third Party Credit Cards
We do not accept third party credit card payments.
Interac® and Interac e-Transfer
Interac® is accepted for in-store pickup.
Interac® e-Transfers can be used for any order.
How to Send Interac® e-Transfers
- Complete your order on our web store
- Log into your bank and initiate the transfer
- Send the transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us toll-free at 1-877-815-1350 or 613-723-1350 (local) with your security answer
Your financial institution may have a maximum dollar limit for e-Transfers. You may split up e-Transfers to get around any limits.
For more information on e-Transfers, please visit the Interac e-Transfer website.
We do not accept American Express or the Discover card.
We do not accept PayPal.
Certified Personal Cheques
Only bank-certified personal cheques are accepted, and must be drawn from a Canadian bank. Non-certified cheques will be refused.
Money orders are accepted only when drawn from a Canadian or United States bank.
In order to redeem a gift certificate, mail it to us. In cases where the gift certificate is valued at less than the purchase amount, during check-out select the payment method for the balance, and in the comment text area, type "Gift Certificate", and the serial number printed on the certificate.
We accept purchase orders for purchases that will be paid by a company or government credit card prior to pickup or delivery.
Sales Taxes - Canadian Mailorder
- 13% HST if residing in:
- New Brunswick
- 5% GST if residing in:
- British Colombia
- Northwest Territories
- Yukon Territory
- 14% HST if residing in Prince Edward Island
- 15% HST if residing in Nova Scotia
- 5% HST only on books, regardless of province
- First Nations status card holders - GST/HST exempt when shipped to a reserve
- Some provinces require mailorder customers to self-assess and self-remit provincial sales tax
Sales Tax, Brokerage and Duty - International Mailorder
- Exempt from Canadian taxes
- May be required to pay duty, brokerage, and state/VAT taxes upon receipt
- Consult your local customs office for complete import details
Sales Taxes - In-store Pickup
- All pickup orders pay 13% HST, regardless of residence
- 5% HST only on books, regardless of residence
- First Nations status card holders exempt from 8% provincial portion of the HST
Sales Taxes - Government
- Federal government pays GST/HST
- Most provincial governments pay GST/HST
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Exemption certificate required for all other provincial governments