Serious enough for the discerning eye, yet affordably priced. The Sky-Watcher Equinox 100mm is a premium refractor telescope that produces razor-sharp, false colour-free views, highly suitable for astrophotography and observing.
Using the finest FPL-53 low-dispersion glass, the Equinox series yields outstanding color correction, high contrast and excellent image fidelity. The difference is night and day over an equivalent Achromatic refractor.
The machining and finish of the Equinox series telescope is excellent. Non-marring brass compression fittings, highly optimized anti-reflection coatings, multiple tube baffles, and solid machined tube rings cap off Sky-Watcher's attention to fine detail.
For jaw-dropping views of the skies, trust the Equinox series - they won't disappoint.
Apochromatic refractors have somewhat of a cult following; they are considered the finest instrument to observe and photograph the skies. Once relegated to a price range affordable by those drowning in money, they have come down to swim in the shallow end.
- FPL-53 ED glass eliminates chromatic abberation by focusing red and blue wavelengths to a common focal point
- Retractable lens shade and metal lens cap
- Dual-speed crayford focuser with engraved measuring index
- Gorgeous mirror-like black paint job with silver accents
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Aperture: 100mm (4")
- Focal Length: 900mm (35.4")
- Focal Ratio: f/9
- Lens Construction: doublet APO, with one element of FPL-53 ED glass
- 2" crayford focuser with compression ring
- Machined tube rings with 44mm (1.75") dovetail bar
- Camera Capable:
- USB imagers
- All-in-one cameras via universal digital camera adapter
- DSLR/SLR (Requires T2 ring, 2" prime focus adapter)
- Above cameras and adapters sold separately
- Aluminum carry case included
- Length 61cm (24")
- Weight 5.7kg (12.5lbs)
- Color: Glossy black w/ silver accents
- One year warranty