The TSA-10S2 is the first in the new TSA line of Takahashi triplet apochromats. The color free images produced will delight the lunar, planetary and deep sky observer with very high contract images with pin point stars.
The compact size, less than 23° with the lens shade retracted, makes the TSA-102 the perfect airline ready apochromat. The TSA-102S is great for eclipse expeditions or transport to remote sites.
Not only is the TSA-102S a great visual instrument, it can be converted into a flat field f/7.84 or an f/5.98 wide field imaging platform for a CCD camera or digital SLR. The addition of the optional camera angle adjuster allows the image to be rotated 360° without loss of focus. The camera angle adjuster is also very handy for visual applications to position the ocular or bino viewer in the best most comfortable position.
The TSA-102S is a compact, high quality, apochromatic, versatile Takahashi, made for the refractor enthusiast who wants a very high quality instrument in a relatively compact package.
Takahashi optical tubes are sold without tube holder (rings), finderscope, star diagonal, eyepiece, reducer, flattener, mount and tripod. These extra items are sold separately.
Note: Takahashi optical tubes are sold without tube holder (rings), finderscope, star diagonal, eyepiece, reducer, extender, mount and tripod. These extra items are sold separately.
Shipping Notice: These high-precision scopes must be shipped by air for the full warranty to apply. Air shipping charges are not included in our price, and will be added to your bill. We would be happy to quote shipping charges.
- Newly designed triplet Apochromat
- Very high color correction, produces color-free images
- Airline portable less than 23" long and weighs 11 lbs
- 2.7° focuser for stable focusing, will accommodate heavy CCD cameras or bino viewers
- Enhanced back focus of 230mm (9.39") allows the use of any bino viewer with ease
- Supplied with rigid 72mm extension tubes to assure deflection free focusing
- Quick release finder bracket allows the user to keep finder alignment when finder is removed and reattached
- Knife edge baffles and over sized tube produce very high contrast images
- Aperture: 102mm (4")
- Focal Length: 816mm (32")
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Objective: New design triplet apochromat
- Focuser Size: 68.6mm (2.7")
- Back Focus: 230mm (9.39")
- Main Tube Diameter: 114mm
- Length: 585mm (23") (lens shade collapsed)
- Weight: 5kg (11lbs)
- Packing: triple carton (maximum protection)
- Five year manufacturer warranty
Optional TOA Reducer
- Focal Ratio: f/5.98
- Focal Length: 610mm (24")
- Image Circle: 53mm @ 5°
- Stellar Image at Center: 8
- Sold separately
Optional TOA Field Flattener
- Focal Ratio: f/7.84
- Focal Length: 800mm (31.5")
- Image Circle: 42mm @ 3°
- Stellar Image at Center: 12
- Sold separately