Swarovision EL is the new line of binoculars you may have heard about from Swarovski. Boasting impressive features such as 1.5m (5ft) close focus, wider field of view, new field flatteners, and special fluoride glass.
Swarovision EL's use tighter optical and mechanical tolerances, delivering the highest consistency in the business.
Cornell Lab of Ornithology gave the Original 8.5x42 EL the highest marks for their absolutely flawless, bright, and crisp-from-edge-to-edge image.¹
The unique Swarovski snapshot adapter is included. Take photos through your Swarovision binoculars. Connects most all-in-one digital cameras with a 1x-4x zoom lens (max).
Swarovski is most famous for their exquisite collectible crystal glass figurines and jewelry. Their experience with glass and precision manufacturing means you are buying the best.
Order now to get one of the first Swarovision EL's, slated for January 2010 delivery.
- High Density Flouride glass provides outstanding resolution and faithful color reproduction with no false color
- Field-flattener lenses deliver razor-sharp performance from edge to edge with no distortion
- Swarobright dielectric prism coatings, Swarotop and Swarodur anti-reflection coatings provide perfect color fidelity and brighter images across the visible light spectrum
- Swaroclean lens coatings make cleaning dust and dirt, water spots, etc. easier
- Improved: Wider field of view
- Improved: Patented dioptric correction system integrated into the pull-out focusing wheel
- Low-weight magnesium housing and durable aluminum parts
- Wrap-around grip and thumb depressions for simple and rapid handling with one hand
- Waterproof and Fogproof
- Package includes: snapshot adapter, eyepiece rainguard, wide neck strap and carry case
- Tripod adaptable
- Magnification: 8.5x
- Objective lens: 42mm (1.65")
- Exit pupil: 4.9mm (0.19")
- Eye relief: 20mm (0.79")
- Angular field of view: 7.6°
- Field of view: 133m@1000m (399ft@1000yds)
- Close Focus: 1.5m (5ft)
- Diopter compensation: +/- 5
- Focus overtravel: -6 diopter
- Interpupillary distance: 56-74mm (2.2-2.91")
- Relative brightness: 24
- Prism type: Roof
- Length: 160mm (6.3")
- Width: 123mm (4.84")
- Height: 64mm (2.52")
- Weight: 799g (28oz)
- Color: green
- Canadian 30 year warranty
¹ from Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Kenneth V. Rosenberg, Winter 2005