Refracting telescopes have greater contrast than reflecting telescopes, which makes them ideal for planetary and lunar observing. The slow motion control cables of this telescope makes tracking celestial objects a breeze.
The lightweight nature of this scope makes it ideal for virtually everyone to use.
It includes a 45° correct image prism which provides a properly corrected image orientation, unlike mirror diagonals. It can be used for stargazing as well as terrestrial observations. A 90° mirror star diagonal may be purchased separately to achieve the highest-quality star images.
- 36% more light gathering than a 60mm refractor
- Sturdy variable height tripod with sturdy aluminum legs
- slow motion control cables for fine adjustments on both axes
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Aperture: 70mm (2.8")
- Focal Length: 500mm (19.7")
- Focal Ratio: f/7
- Lens Construction: Fraunhofer doublet
- Focuser: 1.25" rack and pinion, with lock screw
- Eyepieces: 25mm (20x) and 10mm (50x)
- Barlow lens: sold separately
- 45° correct image prism
- Finderscope: Easy to use red dot finder
- Mount Type: AZ3 Altazimuth with slow motion control cables
- Camera Capable:
- USB imagers
- All-in-one cameras via universal digital camera adapter
- DSLR/SLR (Requires T2 ring)
- Above cameras and adapters sold separately
- Piggyback adapter built-in
- Total Weight: 5kg (11lbs)
- Color: Black w/ metal flake tube
- One year warranty