WiFi Access to the Universe with SkyQ Link
Celestron's innovative new SkyQ Link WiFi Module takes the technology behind their SkyQ app even further, by activating a wireless control feature for most computerized Celestron telescopes.
More than merely enabling completely wireless operation (including telescope alignment), the SkyQ Link Module will allow you to automatically slew the scope to an object with a simple tap on your iPhone/iPad planetarium interface. The SkyTour feature will even generate a list of the best stars, galaxies, and nebulas to see based on the user's time and location.
The SkyQ Link can also be used with Windows computers using Celestron's Nexremote software. Instructions are pending for this, as soon as we have that information, we'll update this listing.
The SkyQ Link can be used with most Celestron computerized telescopes. Simply plug it into the auxiliary port, or hand control port. The original hand control is not required, except for Nexstar 4/5 SE telescopes.
The SkyQ Link is confirmed to not work with the Nexstar GT series telescopes.
For Apple iPad or iPhone users, the Celestron SkyQ app is required. ($5 at the app store)
For Windows users, the Celestron Nexremote program is required. This program is provided with many Celestron telescopes, and is also available as a separate purchase.
- Complete wireless control of your Celestron telescope
- Telescope alignment - align your telescope wirelessly using your iPhone, iPad, or PC
- Planetarium interface for your iphone or ipad - Tap on any object displayed on the SkyQ Sky view screen and instantly slew your telescope to that object
- Sky Tour - Generates a list of all the best stars, galaxies and nebulas to view through your telescope
- Can be used with virtually any Windows planetarium software via Celestron's Nexremote
- No batteries required
- Direct or access point operation
- Powered by telescope bus
- Dimensions: (2 ½ x 1 ¼")
- Weight: 30g (1oz)