The Xagyl EQMOD USB cable simplifies connecting the EQ6 and Atlas EQ-G computerized equatorial mounts made by Synta to a PC. Using EQMOD with Ascom provides the user with increased fine-grain control over their mount, enhanced with a convenient on-screen graphical interface.
This cable is an all-in-one solution utilizing a computer's USB port, and bypasses the Synscan computerized hand control. It is designed to be used with the EQMOD Ascom driver.
- Sky-Watcher EQ6
- Orion Atlas EQ-G
- Mount must be equipped with the Synscan computer drive system
- Doesn't require a separate USB to RS-232 serial adapter
- Replaces the factory Synscan computerized hand control
- Finer control over the mount
- Consistent COM port numbering regardless of USB port
- Compatible with all Ascom compatible software
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
- One free USB port
- Ascom API package
EQDIR-USB drivers can be downloaded here.
The ASCOM platform can be downloaded here.
The EQMOD EQASCOM telescope driver can be downloaded here.