Large beginners telescopes don't have to be expensive. The Celestron Powerseeker 114mm delivers 361x more light gathering than the 60mm telescopes dominating department store catalogs. Translation: You will see better.
Another common short-comming with "cheap" department store telescopes is the poorly supported .965" eyepiece format. 1.25" diameter eyepiece barrels are an industry-standard format, and come with the Firstscope 114mm. Whether you are upgrading your eyepiece collection, or replacing a lost or damaged lens, you can rest assured that you won't be left hunting for a compatible eyepiece.
The included equatorial mount permits smooth and precise movement. As the sky moves, following the planets and stars is as simple as turning a knob. An optional motor drive further simplifies this.
- Large 114mm aperture delivers increased resolution
- Variable height Aluminum tripod
- Equatorial mount keeps objects in the eyepiece by adjusting a single control
- Motor upgradeable
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Aperture: 114mm (4.5")
- Focal Length: 900mm (35.4")
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Mirror Type: Spherical
- Focuser: 1.25" rack and pinion
- Eyepieces: 20mm (45x) and 4mm (225x)
- Barlow lens: 3x
- Finderscope: 5x24
- Mount Type: EQ1 Equatorial with flexible slow-motion controls
- Tracking Motor: Available (sold separately)
- Polar Finder: Not available
- Camera Capable:
- USB imagers
- All-in-one cameras via universal digital camera adapter
- DSLR/SLR (requires Barlow, T-adapter and T2 ring)
- Above cameras and adapters sold separately
- Piggyback adapter built-in
- Total Weight: 8.1kg (18lbs)
- Color: Black tube
- Celestron 2 year warranty