Looking for a little more aperture than the usual 60mm refractors? This 70mm refractor offers 36% more light gathering over 60mm scopes. In this price range, telescopes are usually supplied with sub-standard .96" eyepieces, wobbly mounts, and optical deficiencies (eg. 30mm aperture stop). Not so with this model. This is the best and lowest-cost 70mm refractor we could find.
Our astrophotograhy customers are always looking for great deals on guidescopes, and this scope optical tube can be used as a low-cost guidescope. It featuring an 1.25" lockable focuser with built-in 42mm T-mount, and is lightweight. Simply strap it to the side of a larger photographic instrument using adjustable tube rings (sold separately).
- 1.25" focuser and eyepieces
- 1.25" correct-image prism star diagonal
- Variable height Aluminum tripod
- Altazimuth mount points the telescope in pan-and-tilt fashion
- Ultra-lightweight (one handed pickup)
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Aperture: 70mm (2.8")
- Focal Length: 700mm (27.5")
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Lens Construction: Fraunhofer Doublet
- Focuser: 1.25" rack and pinion
- Eyepieces: 20mm (35x) and 4mm (175x)
- Barlow lens: 3x single-lens type, gives 105x with the 20mm eyepiece, not recommended for use with the 4mm
- Finderscope: 6x24 w/ crosshair
- Mount Type: Altazimuth with slow-motion knob for altitude control
- Tracking Motor: Not available
- Polar Finder: Not available
- Camera Capable: No
- Total Weight: 3kg (7lbs)
- Color: Black tube
- 2 year warranty