Please call us at 613-723-1350 to reserve a telescope. Rentals are for pickup only from our retail store.
Rental Telescope - Hesitant about buying a telescope? Not sure if astronomy is right for you? Rent this Celestron NexStar 8SE Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and enjoy the best show in the universe.
Flexible rental options:
- 1 evening: $60.00
- 3 evenings: $90.00
- 7 evenings: $120.00
- 14 evenings: $160.00
- ** evenings must be taken consecutively **
$800.00 deposit required up-front, payable by credit card, interac or cash.
Note: Rentals are for in-store pickup only, and cannot be shipped. A signed rental agreement is required, which can be filled out in-store.
Rental includes a 25mm (80x) and 10mm (150x) eyepiece, a moon filter, red dot finderscope, 12v AC adapter, 12v car adapter and instruction manual.
If you purchase a telescope $200.00 or greater within three (3) month of returning the rental, we'll give you your rental cost back less $40.00 to cover equipment check-out costs and administration.
For example, if you rent this telescope for one week @ $120.00, we'll give you a $80.00 credit towards the purchase of a qualifying telescope.
Overcast protection: If the skies don't cooperate, we'll give you another same-duration rental period on a date that's compatible with you (subject to availability). We really want you to see cool astronomical objects, not clouds. If you decide to buy a scope instead of taking advantage of overcast protection, we'll waive 100% of the rental fee.
Due to the popularity of our rental program, we recommend reserving your rental well in advance.
- NexStar computer with nearly 40,000 object database, flash upgradeable
- Revolutionary SkyAlign for easy initial alignment - You don't need to know the names of the stars.
- Aperture: 200mm (8")
- Focal Length: 2000mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Schmidt-Cassegrain design
- Starbright XLT coatings for maximum light transmission and clarity
- 25mm Plossl ocular, 1.25" format, 80x
- 10mm ocular, 1.25" format, 200x
- 2x Barlow lens, 1.25" format
- 1.25" star diagonal
- Red dot finderscope
- 15 kg (33 lbs) including telescope and tripod