Condition: In fair to good condition, with some minor useage-induced scrapes, mostly on the mount and tripod. We've included a battery-powered motor drive, for hands-free viewing; easily disengaged if desired. Includes a 25mm focal length eyepiece. We just added a used but excellent, multi-coated prism diagonal, hence the $15.00 price increase--well worth it!
Does not include original shipping carton.
The Meade Model 395 refractor is a proven, basic design that offers a fairly sizeable 90mm aperture to deliver satisfying planetary and lunar views, as well as open up the deep sky. The lack of a central obstruction makes for better performance than same-aperture Maksutovs, for example.
- Good color correction for an achromat, due to the f/11 focal ratio
- Motorized tracking (3X AA batteries)
- Lightweight, and well manageable when disassembled
- Aperture: 90mm (3.5")
- Focal length: 1000mm (15.7")
- Focal ratio: f/11
- Optical system: Refractor, Fraunhofer doublet
- Fully coated optics (all four surfaces!)
- Focuser: Long travel 1.25"
- Diagonal: 1.25" prism, multi-coated
- Eyepiece: 25mm (40x)
Mount and Tripod Specifications
- EQ-2 format equatorial mount
- Slow-motion cables on both axes
- Adjustable height aluminum-leg tripod
- Telescope mounting rings attach via thumscrews
- Total telescope and mount weight: 11.5kg (25 lbs)
- 1 Year Warranty