Condition: Good. Includes 1.25" nosepiece, USB cable and soft carry case, but no original box.
Using the latest in Sony CCD technology, the MallinCam SkyRaider-DS is
on the cutting-edge of CCD live observing. Capable of taking both
pictures and videos, the SkyRaider-DS well suited to both
astrophotography and live-observing.
The MallinCam SkyRaider-DS also features the unique MallinCam
DarkField Subtraction System which eliminates the need of a Peltier
cooler under live observing applications.
The colour sensor reveals a detail often missed by visual observers:
colour. Excellent for observing alone, and even better when sharing the
experience with others, colour live-view makes exploring faint details in
distant celestial objects easy and enjoyable.
The camera is both interfaced and powered by a single USB 2.0 cable
which connects to a laptop, reducing the mess of cables that often
Constructed in a zinc-aluminum alloy with Grade 1 industrial
electronic components, the MallinCam SkyRaider-DS is built to last.
Capable of operation in temperatures ranging from -32 to 52°C, this
camera is capable of handling any night.
- 5 metre USB 2.0 cable
- 1.25" C mount eyepiece adapter
- Camera drivers and software CD
- Powered by USB cable
- MallinCam DarkField on-the-fly dark frame subtraction
- Rugged Zinc-Aluminum alloy body
- Up to one hour of exposure
- Grade 1 industrial electronic components
- Sensor: Sony ICX829 EXview HAD II PAL Colour CCD
- Sensor Size: 8mm Diagonal (Type 1/2)
- Resolution: 752x582
- Pixel Size: 8.6x8.3µm
- Output and Control: USB 2.0
- Power: USB 2.0
- Weight: 377g (13.30oz)