The Celestron 0.7x focal reducer photographic accessory produces 43% wider fields of view with half the exposure time of the native f/10 scope optics.
The focal reducer threads onto the large accessory threads to reduce vignetting. EdgeHD standard t-adapters thread onto the end of the reducer.
The traditional Celestron focal reducer/corrector is not designed for the EdgeHD optics, due to the inclusion of a field flattener (corrector) in the design of the scope. This focal reducer is designed to work with the EdgeHD optics, rather than against it, producing the same flat-fields of the native EdgeHD optics.
Celestron's new EdgeHD reducers feature a custom four element optical design engineered to maintain the flat-field performance of our award winning EdgeHD optical system. Unlike generic reducers, Celestron's premium reducers provide substantial back focus to accommodate an assortment of imaging accessories.
EdgeHD reducers offer high index optical elements, including extra low dispersion, exotic Lanthanum elements, which provide high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration. All air to glass lens surfaces feature multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and color correction and contain blacken edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize image contrast. Large diameter lens elements, optimized for APS-C format sensors and smaller.
Incorporating computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing, for precise spacing and alignment of optical elements, and threaded metal covers on the lens assembly to protect your investment from dust and scratches, our reducers offer you an outstanding mechanical design.
With the fastar option on all EdgeHD optical systems, coupled with the .7x reducer, your telescope becomes the most complete imaging system available in its price range today.
- 4-element lens design
- Utilizes Lanthanum rare-earth glass for outstanding clarity and resolution with minimal chromatic aberration
- Makes EdgeHD 925 one full f-stop faster than f/10
- Reduces exposure time by one-half to capture the same brightness of object
- Maintains similar flat-field performance as native Edge HD optical design
- Increases field of view by 43% to better capture wide field images
- Threads directly onto the rear cell threads of the EdgeHD
- Maintains identical back focus when used at f/10
- Provides generous back focus to accommodate additional accessories and wide variety of cameras
- Large image circle for use with large image sensors (CCD/CMOS)
- Allows use of existing EdgeHD T-adapters with or without the reducer lens
- Allows EdgeHD optics to be used at f/10, f/7 & f/2: More complete imaging system than anything in its price range
- Optical Design: 4-Element
- Compression Factor: 0.7x
- Clear Aperture: 60mm (2.4")
- Optical Coatings: Fully multi-coated
- Light suppression: Edge-blackened optics
- Optimal Back Focus: 105mm (4.1")
- Image Circle Diameter: 42mm (1.7")
- Weight: .36kg (0.8lbs)
- Two year warranty