The Celestron 0.7x focal reducer photographic accessory produces 43% wider fields of view with half the exposure time of the native f/10 scope optics.
The focal reducer threads onto the large 3.25" threads to reduce vignetting and permit use of full-frame sensors and off-axis guiders. EdgeHD standard t-adapters thread onto the end of the reducer.
The traditional Celestron focal reducer/corrector is not designed for the EdgeHD optics, due to the inclusion of a field flattener (corrector) in the design of the scope. This focal reducer is designed to work with the EdgeHD optics, rather than against it, producing the same flat-fields of the native EdgeHD optics.
Celestron's new EdgeHD reducers feature a custom five element optical design engineered to maintain the flat-field performance of our award winning EdgeHD optical system. Unlike generic reducers, Celestron's premium reducers provide substantial back focus to accommodate an assortment of imaging accessories.
EdgeHD reducers offer high index optical elements, including extra low dispersion, exotic Lanthanum elements, which provide high contrast viewing while minimizing chromatic aberration. All air to glass lens surfaces feature multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and color correction and contain blacken edges to minimize internal reflection and maximize image contrast. Large diameter lens elements, up to 60 mm clear aperture, ensure that the optimized image circle remains at a generous 42 mm for use with large CCD sensors.
Incorporating computer assisted CNC machined aluminum housing, for precise spacing and alignment of optical elements, and threaded metal covers on the lens assembly to protect your investment from dust and scratches, our reducers offer you an outstanding mechanical design.
With the fastar option on all EdgeHD optical systems, coupled with the .7x reducer, your telescope becomes the most complete imaging system available in its price range today.
- 5-element lens design
- Makes EdgeHD 1100 one full f-stop faster than f/10
- Reduces exposure time by one-half to capture the same brightness of object
- Maintains similar flat-field performance as native Edge HD optical design
- Increases field of view by 43% to better capture wide field images
- Threads directly onto the 3.25" threads of the EdgeHD which reduces mechanical vignetting and allows for use with larger (full frame) sensors and off-axis guiders
- Maintains identical back focus when used at f/10
- Provides generous back focus to accommodate additional accessories and wide variety of cameras
- Large image circle for use with large image sensors (CCD/CMOS)
- Allows use of existing EdgeHD T-adapters with or without the reducer lens
- Allows EdgeHD optics to be used at f/10, f/7 & f/2: More complete imaging system than anything in its price range
- Optical Design: 5-Element
- Compression Factor: 0.7x
- Clear Aperture: 60mm (2.4")
- Optical Coatings: Fully multi-coated
- Light suppression: Edge-blackened optics
- Optimal Back Focus: 146mm (5.75 in)
- Image Circle Diameter: 42mm (1.7")
- Weight: 1.47kg (3.25lbs)
- Two year warranty