The Series 6000 Apochromatic Refractors are some of the best crafted refractors on the market. Each refractor is individually constructed and tested to ensure that they meet our highest standards, both optically and mechanically.
These telescopes were built with the observer and imager in mind. With the three element optical design using the highest grade extra-low dispersion optical glass, false color is virtually eliminated, yielding astonishing color correction, contrast, and sharpness.
New to the Series 6000 Triplets APOs is the proprietary 3" Crayford focuser. The focuser comes with a 10:1 fine focus knob for precise focusing. It includes millimeter markings on the drawtube to assist with focusing accuracy and is also rotatable which allows for easy framing of the photographed object. New for this focuser is the 2” self-center locking ring that allows diagonals or cameras to be well centered to the optical train every time the locking ring is engaged.
In addition to the deluxe focuser the Series 6000 Apochromatic Refracting Telescopes can now be fitted with an optional 3" format 0.8x Focal Reducer/Field Flattener for photographic purposes. For wide field images this will reduce the 130mm f/7 system to a 728mm f.l. at f/5.5. The new reducer will optically flatten the images, yielding pin-point stars to the edge of your photographic frame.
Standard equipment also includes a fully extendable dew shield, mounting rings, a Vixen-style dovetail, and an aluminum hard carry case to protect your investment when not in use.
The Series 6000 Apochromatic Refractors will fill the need of the most discerning astronomer. For crisp wide-field observing and imaging, nothing can beat a true three-element Apochromatic Refractor (APO). Meade Series 6000 ED APO Triplets are among the finest available optically at any price.
Product carries full one year Meade limited factory warranty.
- Triplet APO; FPL-53 ED glass aids in the elimination of chromatic aberration
- Fully baffled and blackened for maximum contrast
- 3" rotatable Crayford focuser with 10:1 fine-focus for smooth, precise focusing, and including a 2" self-centering ring
- Includes foam-lined aluminum carry case
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Aperture: 130mm (5.12")
- Focal Length: 910mm (35.8")
- Focal Ratio: f/7
- Lens Construction: Triplet APO with FPL-53 ED glass
- Coatings: Fully multi-coated
- Focuser: 3", zero image shift, rotatable, 10:1 dual-speed Crayford, with self-centering ring
- Dew Shield: Fully extendable/retractable
- Star Diagonal: Sold separately
- Mounting: Machined aluminum rings with 44mm (1.75") Vixen®-style dovetail bar, can be mated to most alt/az or equatorial mounts. Rings have 0.25" threaded holes for cameras, autoguiders, etc.
- Camera Capable:
- USB imagers
- All-in-one cameras via universal digital camera adapter
- DSLR/SLR (Requires T2 ring, and 2" extension tube to reach focus. 2" prime focus adapter recommended, but not required)
- Above cameras and adapters sold separately
- Optical Tube Weight: 11.3kg (25lbs)
- One year warranty