The 10" LX200-ACF has 10” diameter f/10 ACF optics (focal length 2540mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC™) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The primary mirror is oversized so as to collect more outer field light, thereby reducing vignetting. The aspheric secondary mirror eliminates coma, thus rendering round star images and improved resolution across the full field.
Features the advanced LX200 AutoStar II computer system with 145,000 object library, multiple guided tours, High Precision Pointing capability with sub arc-minute pointing accuracy, and Meade SmartDrive with Permanent Periodic Error Correction.
Precise and quick star alignment is done near effortlessly with Meade's level north technology alignment system incorporating a 16 channel GPS receiver. The Autostar II is flash-updatable via free downloads at Meade.com (optional cable required). The drive base of the telescope has multiple input and output ports including an RS-232 PC interface and jacks for a (user supplied) CCD Autoguider and illuminated reticle.
All LX200 models feature a primary mirror locking mechanism, which effectively prevents movement of the primary mirror during long exposure astrophotography or observing. Turn the lock knob located just above the telescope's main focus knob and the progressive-tension primary lock completely cancels any residual image shift due to mirror movement during visual, photographic, or imaging applications.
All LX200-ACF models feature the DC-servo driven super heavy duty double fork mount, the strongest and most rigid mount in its class. Fast slew speeds are from 1 to 8 degrees per second, and can be user selected at .1 degree per second increments, while fine slewing and photographic guiding speeds can be adjusted from .01x to 1x sidereal in one one-hundredth increments. The mount and all electronics are internally powered by 8 (user supplied) C-cell batteries which will typically operate the telescope for about 20 hours (optional Meade Universal AC adapter also available). The mount additionally has mechanical locks and slow motion manual controls in both axes if for some reason you found yourself without power.
The 10" LX200-ACF comes fully equipped with a heavy duty height adjustable Meade Field Tripod, 1.25" diagonal prism, Series 4000 26mm Plössl eyepiece, 8x50 viewfinder with quick release bracket and Meade AutoStar® Suite Astronomer Edition Software for PC. Telescope and drive weight is 29.5kg (65 lbs), and the tripod weight is 8.6kg (19 lbs). Ships in 2 boxes.
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty.
- Optical Design: Advanced Coma-Free
- Primary Mirror: Oversized, low-expansion borosilicate
- Aperture: 254mm (10")
- Focal Length: 2540mm (100")
- Focal ratio: f/10
- Coatings: Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC™)
- Mirror Lock: Yes
- Focusing Mechanism: Single-speed, moving primary mirror
- Finderscope: 8x50mm with cross-hair reticle
- Eyepiece: 26mm Series 4000@trade; Super Plössl
- Hand Controller: AutoStar® II
- Object Database: 145,000 objects
- Pointing Precision (High-Precision Mode): 1 arc-minute (+/-)
- Periodic Error Correction: Both Axes
- Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC): Yes
- Slow Motion Controls: Mechanical & Electronic
- Slew Speeds: RA and Dec: 0.01x to1.0x sidereal, variable in 0.01x increments; 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal; 1°/sec. to 2°/sec., variable in 0.1° increments
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates
- Control Panel: 12v DC in, 12v DC out, Power, Focuser, Reticle, Handbox port, 2x computer connection ports (RS232), 1 Aux guide port
- Tripod: Standard Field Tripod
- Power Source (Optional): 12v DC, 5 amp Meade Universal Power Supply
- Batteries (User-Supplied): 8 x C cells
- GPS Receiver: Yes
- True Level & North Sensors (LNT): Yes
- Time Chip: Yes
- Electronic Focuser: Optional
- Smart Mount™: Yes
- Smart Drive™: Yes
- Anti-vibration Pads: Optional
- Wedge: Optional