The new MONARCH HG was built from the ground up to achieve class-ruling optical performance, unrivaled ruggedness and exceptional handling. From eyecups to objective lenses, the new patriarch of the flagship MONARCH family pushes binocular performance to higher levels through design, technology and 20 years of MONARCH ATB-building experience.
Every precious moment you spend in the field deserves the advantage of extraordinary performance. To this end, Nikon engineered the optical system of MONARCH HG around its ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass and high-quality multilayer coating that is applied to all lenses and prisms for brighter, higher resolution viewing.
Nikon's Field Flattener Lens System works in conjunction with MONARCH HG’s extraordinarily wide field of view — 8.3° and 6.9° respectively in the 8x42 and 10x42 models — to provide a sharp, clear view to the lens periphery.
Because a binocular of this significance must always perform and do so without weighing you down, MONARCH HG’s body is die-cast magnesium alloy. Providing optimum strength, impact resiliency and weight reduction, the slim body profile is further enhanced with rubberized panels to provide a sure grip in any conditions. To assure long-term optical acuity, MONARCH HG objective and eyepiece lenses are protected by scratch-resistant coatings, while the nitrogen-filled body resists water pressure to a depth of up to 16.4 ft./5m for 10 minutes and prevents fogging inside the optical system even in low-pressure environments up to altitudes of 16,404 ft./5,000m equivalent.
- Field flattener enhances the wider field of view for reduced distortion
- High-quality high-transmittance multilayer coatings on all lenses and prisms for increased light transmission
- High-reflectivity dielectric multilayer coatings on prisms to reduce light seepage
- Unmatched color fidelity
- Phase-correction prism coating enhances resolution and contrast
- Lightweight and durable Magnesium alloy construction
- Locking diopter control maintains personal settings
- Long eye relief with turn-and-slide eyecups facilitate optimum eye position
- Closer minimum focus distance—just 6.6 feet
- Magnification: 10x
- Objective Lens: 42mm (2")
- ED Glass: Yes
- Eye Relief: 17mm (.67")
- Exit Pupil: 4.2mm (.17")
- Relative Brightness: 17.6
- Angular Field of View: 6.9°
- Linear Field of View: 121m@1000m (362ft@1000yds)
- Close Focus: 2m (7ft)
- Interpupillary Distance: 56-74mm (2.2-2.9")
- Eyecup Style: Twist-style
- Coatings: Fully Multicoated
- Prism Type: Roof
- Waterproof: Yes
- Tripod Adaptable: Yes
- Length: 15.5cm (6.1")
- Width: 12.4cm (4.9")
- Weight: 680g (23.8oz)
- Lifetime no-fault warranty