The Sky-Watcher 180mm Maksutov-Cassegrain gathers a large amount of light, enough to resolve the Cassini division in the rings of Saturn. Don't let the short tube fool you, this scope packs a punch. It's short body hides a 2700mm focal length mirror-lens system which delivers up to 360x magnification.
Sky-Watcher SynScan mounts have been designed for use by novices and experts alike. These mounts provide extremely high precision tracking and have built in autoguider ports. This heavy-duty HEQ5 Pro mount is a smaller version of the sturdy EQ6 Pro mount. It is specially designed for observers and imagers who need the steadiness of the EQ6 Pro mount, but find the EQ6 Pro mount too physically demanding.
For novice users the user-friendly menu allows automatic slewing to over 13,400 objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The mount also has the ability to connect to a computer via USB. Once the connection has been established, many commercially available planetarium software programs can be used to control the HEQ5 PRO Mounts. They also come with features that advanced astronomers can appreciate.
The Maksutov-Cassegrain design is very rugged, low maintenance, and delivers a contrasty image. This instrument is an excellent planetary scope as well as being great for deep-sky observing and imaging.
- Compact - goes anywhere
- Sky-Watcher's largest Maksutov-Cassegrain
- 180mm aperture provides high resolution and excellent light gathering
- Positioning Accuracy up to 1 arc minute.
- Stepper motors with 1.8° step angle and 64 micro steps driven.
- Slewing speed up to 3.4°/sec (800X).
- Auto Guider Interface for astro-photography.
- Guiding speed selectable from 0.25X, 0.50X, 0.75X, or 1X.
- Object database containing complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues.
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure photography.
- Periodic Error Correction.
- PC and Linux compatibility.
- Upgradeable hand control via internet download.
- High resolution steppers
- 11-15V @ 2A power supply
- Aperture:180mm (7.1")
- Focal length: 2700mm (106")
- Focal ratio: f/15
- Highest practical power: 360x
- Eyepieces: 28mm (96x) (2")
- Star diagonal: 90° mirror (2", 1.25" compatible)
- Finderscope: 8x50
- 1/4" 20tpi mounting bar
- Tube dimensions: 22cm x 50cm (8.7" x 20")
- Tube weight: 7.8kg (17lbs)
- Mount weight: 15kg (33lbs)
- Two year limited warranty