If you have a Skywatcher 10" Dobsonian that you'd like to upgrade to full GoTo capability, the Sky-Watcher SynScan computerized Dob mount is the perfect solution. It includes all components required to easily transform your Sky-Watcher Dob. You just need to replace the left side altitude bearing with the included part, and drop the telescope into place.
For other telescopes that do not exceed the maximum tube diameter, with a little ingenuity one can fashion a suitable right side altitude bearing.
The computer drive system is rather clever. If you nudge a traditional computerized telescope, the computer has no clue that you moved it, and how far. Not so with this dob.
The closed-loop system incorporates motor drives and high resolution optical encoders coupled to each axis providing accurate slews, while registering all movement - even if you push the telescope out of position.
Sky-Watcher computerized Dobsonians support a GPS receiver (sold separately). This plug-in module will set your time, date, longitude and latitude automatically based on the Global Positioning Satellites orbiting the Earth. You can also plug this GPS receiver into your PC's USB port to add geo location capabilities. One possible use is contributing to the Open Street Mapping project.
- Closed-loop drive system provides accurate automatic positioning, even when manually nudged
- GPS sensor module supported (sold separately)
Computer Drive Specifications
- SynScan computerized go-to system
- Over 42,000 objects in the database including complete Messier, NGC, and IC catalogues
- RS-232 port
- USB port
- Flash-upgradeable firmware
- Accuracy enhanced by software collimation error (mount mechanical error) compensation
- Optically encoded closed-loop drive system
- Servo motor drives
- 9 slewing speeds:
- 1x (0.25arc-min/sec), 2x (0.5 arc-min/sec), 8x(2 arc-min/sec)
- 16x(4 arc-min/sec), 32x (8 arc-min/sec), 200x (50 arc-min/sec)
- 400x (1.6°/sec), 600x (2.5°/sec), 800x (3.3°/sec), 1000x (4.2°/sec)
- Includes 12v car plug-in adapter
- Requires 12v DC 2A (Tip positive)
Base Diameter: 52cm (20.5")
Mount Height: 78cm (30.75")
Mount Weight: 17.5kg (38.6 lbs)
- Synscan base
- Left side bearing
- AZ SynScan hand control