The Sky-Watcher 12" Dobsonian telescope is an outstanding value for the level of light gathering and functionality that it provides. Deep space views are simply stunning.
It collapses by running up and down on three vertical bars fixed to the top section, which reduces the need for collimation upon setup, which can be an issue for truss-tube Dobsonians.
As an added bonus, if the instrument is collapsed slightly, binocular viewers will come to focus and can be used without the need for a Barlow or image amplifier - a big plus for deep space binocular viewing.
- Parabolic primary mirror to focus all light rays to a common focal point
- Sturdy collapsible Newtonian Reflector Optical Tube Assembly
- Dobsonian Base features a roller bearing on the azimuth axis for smooth movements.
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Aperture: 305mm (12")
- Focal Length: 1500mm
- Focal Ratio: f/5
- Mirror Type: Parabolic
- Focuser: 2" cast aluminum, single speed crayford, with lock screw
- Eyepieces: 25mm (60x) and 10mm (150x) Plossls
- Barlow lens: Available (sold separately)
- Finderscope: 8x50 Right Angle
- Mount Type: Dobsonian Altazimuth
- Tracking Motor: Not Available
- Polar Finder: Not Available
- Camera Capable:
- USB imagers
- All-in-one cameras via universal digital camera adapter
- DSLR/SLR (requires T2 ring)
- Above cameras and adapters sold separately
- Because this instrument has no motor drives for tracking, only short exposure photography is possible
- Height of eyepiece (pointed to Zenith): 140cm (55")
- Diameter of base: 63.5cm (25")
- Total Weight: 40kg (88lbs)
- Color: White and Metallic Black tube
- One year warranty