Shoot the Milky Way like a Pro!
Meet SAM — the Star Adventurer Mini. A user-friendly and multi-function mount to satisfy all your needs for nightscape and eclipse photography, astrophotography and time-lapse photography.
- Ideal for wide-field photography, or lightweight celestial viewing
- Free SAM console app for total control of the Star Adventurer Mini
- Customizable speeds, including sidereal, solar and lunar
SAM is a high precision, portable and stable tracking platform for sidereal, solar and lunar tracking with automatic DSLR shutter release control. It is small and light enough to easily fit into a camera bag or backpack, making it an ideal mount for the photographer on the move.
Whether you’re looking for a tracking platform to capture wide-field images of the Milky Way, or seeking a compact travel mount, SAM is a necessity for astrophotographers of every skill level. This high precision, portable celestial tracking platform can transform almost any tripod into an equatorial mount, assisting photographers with long exposures of the night sky. SAM breaks from the mold of traditional equatorial mounts with an abundance of add on accessories to complement wide-field astrophotography, nightscape images or time-lapse photography.
- Polar finderscope with illuminator for easy alignment with Polaris
- DSLR camera interface with automatic shutter control
- V-style dovetail saddle, with ability to mount ball head for easier camera movement
A Mobile Platform
With the free SAM console app (for iOS and Android) you can customize your tracking speeds, photographers can choose between sidereal, solar and lunar, or other custom presets, useful for time-lapse videos. Even for users with no polar alignment experience, the Star Adventurer Mini is easy to setup using the included illuminated polar finderscope. Once aligned, users can attach their camera and activate sidereal tracking to start photographing the Milky way.
Easy Integration with Any Tripod
The declination assembly uses a specialized Vixen-style saddle plate for attaching cameras, tripod heads, or optical tubes. Attaching a ball head to this Vixen style plate provides most users with enough flexibility to slew around the sky freely while maintaining tracking. The Star Adventurer tracking platform can attach to a tripod using a 3.8”-16 thread and includes an adapter for ¼”-20 thread sizes.
Automatic Shutter Release Control.
No need for an intervalometer timer with the Star Adventurer Mini! With a completely programmable shutter exposure settings, SAM can trigger a DSLR using the auxiliary shutter release cable. Once the camera is plugged into the mount and a shot is fired, it will continually shoot for the programmed exposures until the cable is removed.
With a payload capacity of 3 kg (6.6 lbs), the Star Adventurer Mini is exceptional for nightscape photographers, traveling astronomers and anyone in need of a small tracking mount.
Customize your Setup
In addition to the Star Adventurer Mini mount, several add-on accessories are available. The Equatorial base allows this platform to polar align and track in the RA axis, turning a conventional photo tripod into an important astrophotography tool. Both axis also feature clutches, allowing users to aim the Star Adventurer without losing polar alignment. For users photographing nightscapes, the optional ball-head adapter provides more freedom to frame image, while delivering consistent tracking.
- All metal gearing
- 6.6 lbs payload capacity
- Built in WiFi control
- Free SAM Console control app (for iOS and Android)
- Complete customizable control for photographing the night sky
- Compatible with all Star Adventurer accessories
- 24 hours of continuous use with 2 AA batteries
- Can also be power via 5V mini USB
- Built in SNAP port for camera control
- Ultra-light 1.5lbs body
- LED lit polar alignment sight for fast general alignments
- ¼-20 adapter
- 3/8 thread panoramic plate
Not included: Camera, telescope, ball head, wedge, cable release and tripod.
If you wish to purchase a cable release, please specify cable model or camera model when placing your order in the comment section during checkout. The table below lists the four cable types and their respectively supported cameras.
Any model compatible with N3-type remote control terminal.
Canon EOS 7D/6D/5D series, 1D series, 1V, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D,
Any model compatible with 10-pin (MC-20, MC-22, MC-30, MC-36) remote terminal .
Nikon D1/D2/D3/D4 series, D200/D300/D700/D800 series.
Any model compatible with MC-DC1 remote terminal
For Nikon D80, D70S,
Any model compatible with MC-DC2 remote terminal
NIKON D90, D600, D750, D3000/D5000 series, D7000
- Multiple pre-programmed speeds for time lapse photography
- Tracking rate selectable between Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Built in polar scope with illuminator
- DSLR interface for automatic shutter control
- Built-in auto-guiding interface
- Low power consumption
- External Mini USB power support
- Compatible with 3/8" and 1/4" camera tripod thread
- Lifetime free firmware upgrade
General Mount Specifications
- Mount Type: EQ
- GoTo: No
- Payload Capacity (lbs): 6.6
- Mount Head Weight (lbs): 1.6
- Mounting Saddle Type: V
- Power Type: AA/5V
- Clutch: Slip
- Polar Scope: Included
Computer/Drive System Info
- Controller: WiFi
- WiFi: Yes
- Polar Align Assist: No
- Auto Guide: No
- Permanent Periodic Correction: No
- Dual Encoders: No
- DSLR Enterface: Yes
- Included Weights: Optional