Unlike most ED triplets which are made with just one ED glass element, this beautifully crafted apochromatic refractor stands above ordinary triplets since it features one element of FPL-53 ED glass and one element of FPL-51 ED glass. The Orion EON 85mm ED-X2 refractor provides superior correction of chromatic and spherical aberrations, delivering impeccable visual views and razor-sharp astrophotos without any color fringing or loss of clarity.
The EON 104mm ED-X2 sports a big, 2.7" hybrid-drive rack & pinion focuser features dual-speed (11:1) controls to easily fine-tune focus, and can support imaging gear trains weighing up to 17.6 lbs. You can rotate the focuser 360° to optimize imaging or observing convenience. The focuser has a built-in focus lock knob, and a step-down 1.25" adapter makes the EON 104mm ED-X2 compatible with either 2" or 1.25" size accessories.
The 104mm EON ED-X2 refractor measures 650mm in focal length with a fast f/6.25 focal ratio for great wide-field performance. Multiple internal baffles prevent off-axis reflections for excellent contrast, while a retractable lens shade helps eliminate glare and dew buildup. Weighing in at 14.6 lbs. with all included accessories installed, the lightweight EON 104mm ED-X2 matches well with many medium-size mounts for astrophotographic or observational performance.
The Orion EON 104mm ED-X2 f/6.25 Triplet Apo Refractor comes with a thread-on objective lens cover, two heavy-duty machined tube rings, a sturdy machined dovetail bar for easy mount attachment, and a dovetail finder scope base (installation required). An included hard carry case with a custom die-cut foam insert ensures safe transport and convenient storage of the telescope and all included accessories.
This exceptional refractor will satisfy even the most demanding astrophotographers and observers. With gloss-black machined construction, and attractive satin-red features and accessories, the Orion EON 104mm ED-X2 telescope is a truly gorgeous astronomy instrument.
- Two ED elements; FPL-53 and FPL-51, eliminates chromatic aberration by tightly focusing visible wavelengths to a common focus
- Retractable lens shade and thread-on metal lens cap
- Rotatable 2.7" hybrid-drive focuser with precise, 11:1 dual-speed control supports up to 17.6 lb without slippage
- Includes hard carry case, machined tube rings and dovetail bar, 1.25" adapter, and more
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Aperture:104mm (4.1")
- Focal Length: 650mm (25.6")
- Focal Ratio: f/6.25
- Lens Construction: triplet APO, with one element each of FPL-53 ED and FPL-51 ED glass
- Fully multicoated
- Aluminum tube, with multiple internal baffles
- 2.7" hybrid drive rack and pinion focuser
- Camera Capable:
- USB imagers
- All-in-one cameras via universal digital camera adapter
- DSLR/SLR (Requires T2 ring, 2" prime focus adapter)
- Above cameras and adapters sold separately
- Length 57.2cm (22.5")
- Weight 6.62kg (14.6lb)
- Machined tube rings
- V-series dovetail bar, 178mm (7") long, 44mm (1.75") wide
- Aluminum carry case included
- One year warranty