This solidly built 60 mm Guide Scope will help guide you to capturing higher quality astrophotos. With its large 60 mm lens and smooth helical focuser, the versatile Orion 60 mm Multi-Use Guide Scope with Helical Focuser is an ideal addition to any astrophotographer's collection of gear. What's more, you can use this handy scope as a deluxe, straight-through 60 mm finder by inserting an optional 1.25" eyepiece. A practical benefit of this is that prior to guiding, you can insert an eyepiece into the guide scope and easily align it with your main imaging telescope. Then remove the eyepiece and attach your autoguider camera.
The Multi-Use Guide Scope has a large, 60 mm aperture objective for better light-gathering than 50 mm and smaller models. The larger aperture lets you see fainter stars, providing a wider selection of guide star choices. This Guide Scope is designed for use with small-chip autoguider devices such as the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider and Orion StarShoot AutoGuider Pro Mono Camera (AutoGuiders and telescopes sold separately).
As its name suggests, a built-in helical focuser allows precise focus adjustments with zero flexure for rigid performance. Obtaining a clear, sharply focused view of potential guide stars is quick and easy with this sturdy scope. The fixed-orientation focuser mechanism will not rotate inserted autoguider cameras or eyepieces when focus adjustments are made. The helical focuser simply moves the attached device inwards or outwards while maintaining its orientation. This convenient feature means your field of potential guide stars will not rotate as focus is adjusted, further increasing ease of use.
The f/4, 240 mm focal length Orion 60 mm Multi-Use Guide Scope features a machined, knurled ring to make fine focus adjustments nice and easy, while a thumbscrew lets you lock down the focuser once adjustments are complete. The focuser boasts 10 mm of precise helical focus travel, plus a telescoping drawtube housing provides up to 35 mm of additional back-travel if needed for your particular autoguider device. No extension tubes necessary! A compression ring fitting prevents marring of inserted barrels. The Orion 60 mm Multi-Use Guide Scope with Helical Focuser also features 42mm diameter male T-threads on the focuser collar for secure threaded attachment of guide cameras equipped with female T-threads.
This complete guide scope comes with two heavy-duty guide scope rings and a 8.9 cm (3.5") long, 3 cm (1.18") wide dovetail mounting bar, which is compatible with all Orion dovetail finder scope bases for easy attachment. The dovetail bar features five threaded through-sockets for versatile attachment options. The included guide scope rings feature six nylon-tipped thumbscrews for precise aiming.
For those nights when you don't anticipate astro-imaging, this versatile Guide Scope can double as a straight-through finder with an optional 1.25" eyepiece installed. For example, inserting a 25 mm eyepiece creates a 9.6x60 finder scope, or you can insert a 20mm illuminated crosshair eyepiece for use as a 12x60 finder for easy aiming. (Eyepieces sold separately).
- Versatile 60mm aperture Guide Scope with a built-in helical focuser for precise focusing of potential guide stars
- Designed for use with the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider and StarShoot AutoGuider Pro (both sold separately)
- Helical focuser collar will not rotate attached autoguider devices during focus adjustments
- Can also be used as a deluxe straight-through finder scope with optional 1.25" eyepieces installed (eyepieces sold separately)
- Weighs just 910g (2 lbs., 0.1 oz.)
- Aperture: 60mm (2.36")
- Focal length: 240mm (9.45")
- Focal ratio: f/4
- Objective: cemented Crown/Flint doublet
- Fully multicoated
- Focuser: Dual mode--sliding and helical, individually lockable, with fine gradadion scales; eyepiece compression ring>
- Accepts 1.25" eyepieces
- Threaded to accept M42 threaded cameras and T2 rings
- Two guide scope rings, Vixen-style dovetail mounting bar w/ tapped holes
- Length: 25.9cm (10.2") (optical tube)
- Weight: 910g (32 oz) (optical tube)
- Orion one year warranty