The Twilight II mount is all about more…more weight capacity, more stability, and more telescopes! Yes, you can ride two telescopes on this mount, and it handles them with ease. Set up one scope for visual use and the other for photography, or be the ultimate romantic and set up twin telescopes; one for you and one for your significant other! The Explore Scientific Twilight II Mount would also be a great solution if you are working a star party for outreach, and want to handle twice as many people at the eyepiece without the need to run back and forth between mounts.
Large chrome knobs on the heavy-duty mount head make it easy to adjust the clutch locks, even with gloves on. The tripod you'll get with the Twilight II mount has 2" steel chrome-plated adjustable legs. The spreader bar becomes securely seated against the tripod legs via a threaded bolt that makes its way through the center of the spreader bar and into the mount head itself. The weight capacity is approximately 60 pounds.
- Includes pier extension
- 2" adjustable steel tripod
- Dual vixen-style dovetail mounts
- Capacity: 27.3 kg (60 lb)
- Tripod height (fully collapsed, no mount head): 80.0 cm (31.5")
- Tripod height (fully collapsed, with mount head): 97.8 cm (38.5")
- Tripod height with pier (fully collapsed, with mount head): 116.8 cm (46")
- Tripod open, fully extended with pier and mount head: 147.3 (58")
- Tripod weight: 6.2 kg (13.6 lb)
- Tripod weight with mount head: 10.1 kg (22.3 lb)
- Tripod weight with pier and mount head: 11.2 kg (24.6 lb)