The Twilight I is a light- to medium-duty alt-azimuth mount and tripod designed to quickly and easily accept small to medium sized refractors. Lightweight, fast Newtonians will also match up nicely with the Explore Scientific Twilight I mount. As long as your telescope does not exceed 18 pounds and has a Vixen-Style Universal Dovetail bar for mounting the telescope to the mount head, you are good to go.
The Twilight I alt-azimuth mount head is made of powder-coated aluminum and there are worm gears on both axes. The adjustable angle head can be tilted forward or back at a 45° angle to allow more clearance for your telescope so you can point it straight up for viewing at the zenith.
Slow-motion control cables are attached on the vertical and horizontal axes, and are easy to turn even with gloves on due to the over-sized knurled knobs. They can be attached to either side of each axis to accommodate right- or left-handed users, or different types of telescopes (e.g. refractors vs. Newtonian reflectors) for ease of adjustment.
The stainless steel tripod that comes standard with the Twilight I mount has adjustable legs and a wide footprint of 42 inches, which makes the tripod more stable. A spreader bar locks against the inside of the legs to secure the tripod even further and keep vibrations to a minimum.
- Saddle accepts 44mm (1.75") dovetail bars (compatible with Vixen, Sky-Watcher, Celestron CG-5, Orion and more)
- Smooth worm wheel gear movement on both axes
- Altitude arm can be angled from vertical to 45 degrees
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod
- Sow motion cables can be attached to either end of both gear shafts
- Included Allen key held magnetically on the altitude arm
- Stainless steel tripod
- 360° worm wheel gears on both axes
- Payload Capacity: 8.2kg (18lbs)
- Total Weight: 7kg (15.4lbs)
- Tripod Height 66cm-100cm (43-54")
- Height to altitude axis (arm vertical): 92.5-137cm (36.5-54")
- Tripod Legs Outside Diameter 38mm (1.5") and 25mm (1")
- One year, upgradeable to extended life of the product warranty when registered within 60 days