Telescope optical tube not included.
The Vixen Porta II altazimuth mount is an excellent lightweight alternative to bulky equatorial mounts. It is ideal for astronomy and terrestrial viewing, providing a simple way to track a planet or a ship on the horizon.
The mount provides smooth continuous 360° dual-axis slow-motion controls which the user can turn endlessly without needing to rewind the controls - a disadvantage on competing low-cost altazimuth mounts. Each axis uses a friction clutch system, enabling the user to move their scope to different positions effortlessly without the need to unlock and re-lock the axis.
The mount head can be easily removed and mounted to a heavier tripod. The Vixen standard saddle accepts narrow dovetails as found on many popular Celestron, Orion, Meade, Sky-Watcher and Vixen telescopes.
- Altazimuth design for easy pointing
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Lockless friction clutch system
- Convenient magnetic hex key tool holder under the top rubber cover
- Mount type: Altazimuth
- Slow Motion Controls: Dual-axis, vertical and horizontal, 360° continuous worm-gear, includes slow motion handles
- Gears: 120 tooth wheel gears
- Clutch System: Adjustable friction clutch
- Saddle: Accepts Vixen/Sky-Watcher/Orion standard 44mm dovetail plates
- Additional Accessories: Accessory tray, tool Kit
- Tripod: 2 section variable height aluminum
- Payload Capacity: 9kg (20 lbs)
- Tripod Height: 90cm to 130cm (35.4" to 51")
- Mount Weight: 6.8kg (15 lbs) including tripod