View the night sky like never before. The Mallincam Jr. Pro is an economical uncooled instant-gratification camera designed to reveal planets and deep-sky objects in brilliant detail usually absent in the eyepiece.
Our first experience with a Mallincam was outstanding detail and color in deep sky objects. The Dumbbell Nebula reveals its classic blue and red markings. This color doesn't usually show up visually in small aperture telescopes. If you want to see color on deep-sky objects, a Mallincam is what you need.
Live-view is excellent if you're by yourself, but even better when sharing the experience with others. Whether it's pointing out details on-screen to a live audience, or astro-casting your session on the internet to a broader audience, you will appreciate the ease and convenience of the Mallincam Jr. Pro.
The Mallincam Jr. Pro features a user-selectable 128 frame cyclic buffer for multi-frame integration (upsense). With exposures from 1/32th of a second to 2.1 seconds, or 3 seconds through 99 minutes using the Pixel wireless exposure control, the Mallincam Jr. Pro delivers sensitivity rating of better than 0.00000005 LUX.
Easily connect the Mallincam Jr. Pro to telescopes through the included 1.25" adapter, or native C-mount threading. No filters are required to observe bright objects due to the incredibly short shutter speeds possible, down to 1/12,000 second.
Video output is NTSC composite and high-resolution S-Video. Output can be connected to a computer using a composite/s-video USB frame grabber (sold separately). Frame grabbers digitize the analog composite signal generated by the Mallincam Jr. Pro. Many modern televisions support the composite/s-video format without any additional hardware requirements.
The Mallincam Jr. Pro is compatible with motor-driven alt-azimuth and equatorial mounts.
On-board title generator allows for placement of object name being viewed on the monitor. Excellent for group viewings at museums, planetariums, educational facilities and star parties or while broadcasting over the Night Skies Network.
Optional 1/2" EXview HAD CCD ceramic sensor (ICX428AKL Color) is available for an additional $124.99 CAD. Please specify this upgrade in the comment section when checking out.
All MallinCam designed and built accessories will fit on the new MallinCam Jr Pro.
- Regulated power supply 120 volts to 12 Volts DC Adapter
- 25' (7 Meters) high grade dual shielded power/composite video cable combination
- C-mount to 1.25" adapter
- RCA to BNC adapter
- Pixel transmitter and receiver wireless exposure control
- Multi-frame integration up to 128 frames
- Exposure times from 1/32 to 2.1 seconds
- Long exposure times up to 99 minutes
- Composite and S-Video output - compatible with many TV's, USB frame grabbers, etc.
- Advanced Pixel Control eliminates stars artifacts and enhance DSO detail
- High light adjust function - electronic coronagraph and electronic stellar coronagraph
- Sensor: 1/2" CCD ceramic sensor (ICX418AKL Color)
- Shutter speeds: OFF, 1/100, 1/120, 1/180, 1/250, 1/350, 1/500, 1/750, 1/1,000, 1/1,500, 1/12000, 1/3000, 1/4000, 1/6000, 1/8000, and 1/12000
- Long exposure modes (native): 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 16x, 24x, 32x, 48x, 64x, 96x, and 128x (or 1/32th of a second to 2.1 seconds)
- Long exposure modes w/ Pixel wireless exposure control: 3 seconds to 99 minutes
- Long exposure LUX rating: sensitivity better than 0.00000005 LUX
- Image inversion: discrete horizontal and vertical control
- Freeze image function
- Gamma selection: 0.45 or 1.00
- AGC adjustment (GAIN): Auto Mode, Manual Mode (for Deep Sky objects) and OFF (for Deep Sky targets, and Lunar, Planetary, and Solar observing)
- Positive and negative image selection
- Digital zoom: up to 2x in 16 steps
- Output: high resolution S-Video and 75 Ohm composite simultaneous output
- RS-232 interface: complete PC camera control using free Mallincam control software (cable sold separately)
- Power: 12v DC
- AC adapter included: Yes, 120v to 12v
- Weight: 311g (10.5oz)
- Two year warranty, excluding the sensor