The SBIG STT-3200ME monochrome is a camera in a class of its own. Featuring the KAF-3200ME sensor, this is the most sensitive front-illuminated CCD available to amateurs. Coupled with a two-stage water capable cooler and internal image processing, this camera produces virtually noise-free images.
The SBIG STT-3200ME is equipped with numerous advanced features. A built-in RBI pre-flash eliminates residual-bulk-image from the camera. The even-illumination shutter prevents mechanical shutter artifacts, making this camera ideal for photometry. Built-in frost detection will also ensure that no session is lost to hidden frost.
With a built-in voltage regulator this camera can be used directly with a battery in the field, or with an AC power source using the included universal power supply. The SBIG STT-3200ME is also ideal for a remote setup, capable of being interfaced by either USB 2.0, or ethernet through the built-in webserver.
The SBIG STT-3200ME is compatible with both the FW8S-STT and FW8G-STT robotic 8-position filter wheels. The latter of these features a built-in guider that eliminates the need for a guidescope. 1.25" filters are sufficient to fully illuminate the sensor. Note that these filter wheels are both sold separately.
Using an internal full frame image buffer, and a high speed low noise readout, this camera is capable of transmitting a full frame image in less than a second. This makes framing and focusing much more efficient as well as eliminating wasteful pauses as images are downloaded.
- Built-in RBI pre-flash
- Even-illumination shutter
- 2-stage TE cooling with liquid cooling capability
- Built-in frost detection
- User rechargeable desiccant plug
- User selectable internal noise reduction
- Compatible with FW8S-STT and FW8G-STT (self-guiding) filter wheels
- Built-in DC voltage regulator
- Built-in webserver
- Multi-coated saphire chamber window
- Sensor: Kodak KAF-3200ME (monochrome)
- Pixel Array: 2184 x 1472
- Sensor Size: 14.85 x 10.26mm
- Pixel Size: 6.8 x 6.8 microns
- Total Pixels: 3.2 million
- Quantum Efficiency: ~90% Peak, ~85% Ha
- Full Well Capacity: 55 000 electrons
- Read Noise: ~10 electron RMS
- Antiblooming: No Anti-Blooming Gate
- Cooling Delta: -55°C ± 0.1°C with air
- Full Frame Download: <1 second
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 and Ethernet
- Computer OS: Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux 32/64-bit
- Power: 12V DC, 3.5A Max (Includes Universal AC Adapter)
- Mounting: T-Thread, 2" Nosepiece
- Backfocus: 17.5mm
- Dimensions: 124 x 124 x 74mm
- Weight: 1.2kg
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labour on sensor, 2 years on body
- Custom pre-cut Pelican storage case
- 4.6m (15') USB 2.0 cable
- Universal 100-240VAC 6A power supply