The SBIG STT-8300M offers a large sensor with good sensitivity. At 8.3 megapixels, this camera is great for producing large, high quality prints. The good sensitivity makes this camera well-suited for narrowband imaging, the most effective way of imaging under light-polluted skies.
The SBIG STT-8300M is equipped with numerous advanced features. A built-in RBI pre-flash eliminates residual-bulk-image from the camera. The even-illumination shutter prevents mechanical shutter artifacts, making this camera ideal for photometry. Built-in frost detection will also ensure that no session is lost to hidden frost.
With a built-in voltage regulator this camera can be used directly with a battery in the field, or with an AC power source using the included universal power supply. The SBIG STT-8300M is also ideal for a remote setup, capable of being interfaced by either USB 2.0, or ethernet through the built-in webserver.
The SBIG STT-8300M is compatible with both the FW8S-STT and FW8G-STT robotic 8-position filter wheels. The latter of these features a built-in guider that eliminates the need for a guidescope. Note that these filter wheels are both sold separately; there are bundles available.
Using an internal full frame image buffer, and a high speed low noise readout, this camera is capable of transmitting a full frame image in less than a second. This makes framing and focusing much more efficient as well as eliminating wasteful pauses as images are downloaded.
- Built-in RBI pre-flash
- Even-illumination shutter
- 2-stage TE cooling with liquid cooling capability
- Built-in frost detection
- User rechargeable desiccant plug
- User selectable internal noise reduction
- Compatible with FW8S-STT and FW8G-STT (self-guiding) filter wheels
- Built-in DC voltage regulator
- Built-in webserver
- Multi-coated saphire chamber window
- Sensor: Kodak KAF-8300M (monochrome)
- Pixel Array: 3326 x 2504
- Sensor Size: 17.96 x 13.52mm
- Pixel Size: 5.4 x 5.4 microns
- Total Pixels: 8.3 million
- Quantum Efficiency: 56% Peak, ~48% Ha
- Full Well Capacity: 25 000 electrons
- Read Noise: ~9.3 electron RMS
- Antiblooming: 1000x antiblooming
- Antiblooming: No Anti-Blooming Gate
- Cooling Delta: -55°C ± 0.1°C with air
- Full Frame Download: <1 second
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 and Ethernet
- Computer OS: Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux 32/64-bit
- Power: 12V DC, 3.5A Max (Includes Universal AC Adapter)
- Mounting: T-Thread, 2" Nosepiece
- Backfocus: 17.5mm
- Dimensions: 124 x 124 x 74mm
- Weight: 1.2kg
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labour on sensor, 2 years on body
- Custom pre-cut Pelican storage case
- 4.6m (15') USB 2.0 cable
- Universal 100-240VAC 6A power supply