The Paramount MYT is a powerhouse that still maintains portability. With an instrument capacity of 50lb (23kg), and a head weight of only 34lb (15kg) this mount is designed to perform without causing back injuries.
Constructed to a very high degree of quality, the Paramount MYT features brass worms and aluminum gears. The mount itself is a unibody construction made with high-grade aluminum. Furthermore, the mount uses belt-driven gears with spring-loaded worms to eliminate backlash. This allows the mount to achieve less than 7 arcsecond peak-to-peak periodic error.
Coupled with Software Bisque's professional-level software suite, the Paramount MYT can be PEC corrected to have less than 1 arcsecond of periodic error.
The Paramount MYT is designed to alleviate many of the problems other astrophotography setups face. It is capable of tracking two hours past the meridian, potentially eliminating the need to do a meridian flip during an imaging session. It also features a builtin 2 port USB2.0 hub near the camera end of the mount. This reduces the number of wires that have to be strung between the mount and a computer.
The mount also features Software Bisque's Versa-Plate which has been engineered to accept almost any mounting system. Coupled with the mount's heavy-duty capacity, the Paramount MYT is capable of precise operation with a 12-inch telescope fitted with a full set of astrophotography accessories.
Built with Paramount's high-end telescope control hardware, the MYT is able to track and slew with an extremely high degree of accuracy. Limited imaging time will not be wasted with this mount trying to centre poorly slewed targets.
Note on price: Due to the weight, sizes and value of the various shipping boxes, these low-margin mounts are expensive to ship from the manufacturer in Colorado. An additional shipping charge applies to this item; please contact us for an exact shipping cost. This charge will be added to your order when we process your payment. Our free shipping promo applies only on the shipping cost from our store to your location.
Note: not exactly as shown in picture.
- 50lb (23kg) instrument capacity
- Unibody mount that weighs 34lb (15kg)
- Maximum 7 arcsecond peak-to-peak periodic error before correction
- USB2.0 computer to mount control interface
- Onboard USB2.0 hub near camera end of the mount to reduce cable clutter
- Belt-driven gears with spring loaded worm to virtually eliminate backlash
- Versatile mounting plate
- 30 arcsecond all sky pointing accuracy
- Mount automatically stops when it hits something solid (such as the tripod)
Mount & Tripod Weights and Dimensions
- Weight of the mount: 34lb (15.4kg)
- Counterweight shaft: 33 x 3.81cm (13 x 1.5")
- 20lb (9kg) counterweight
- 48V power supply
- PC to mount cabling
- TheSkyX Pro with Camera and TPoint addons