The William Optics Fluorostar 132. Simply put, a joy to use. You will be astonished by the stunning resolution for both visual and imaging work. And at a rather fast f/7. Until today this was only a dream at this price!
Features a top-quality triplet, air-spaced objective, based around an FPL-53 element, and designed by a leader in the field. This instrument is extremely sharp and delivers great color correction. STM coatings boost transmission efficiency and improve contrast.
A new extra heavy duty 3.3" rack and pinion focuser rounds out the robust mechanics. Its beefy construction assures no sag nor slippage. Large aluminum knobs afford precise control. 360° rotation permits to frame your subject when imaging.
Have you always dreamed of taking tack-sharp, full-frame pictures of the heavens? Now is the time to join that club! Few other refractors in this size class have a dedicated field flattener. A graduated scale on the focuser tube makes switching between different camera/accessory configurations a snap.
While no one telescope can ever be called the 'perfect' instrument--the range of potential subject size and brightness militates against such a concept--the William Optics Fluorostar 132 can rightly be termed something of a do-it-all telescope. The aperture is sufficient to reveal fine planetary detail and open up the deep-sky. At the same time the relatively short focal length (and fast aperture ratio) permits coverage of those larger DSOs big telescopes cannot fully take in.
Fit and finish are simply beautiful. No plastic parts or cast bits here! Pieces are CNC machined from solid, high-grade aluminum. The white powder-coated CNC-machined aluminum tube, anodized accents, retractable, engraved dewshield and anodized rotatable focuser make for artful aesthetics that complement superior performance.
Attention to detail is borne out by the precision objective cell, all-CNC machining and Zygo interferometric testing of all systems.
Features and Specifications
- Aperture: 132mm (5.2")
- Focal Ratio: F/7
- Focal Length: 925 mm
- Objective Type: Synthetic Flourite FPL-53 Triplet, Air Spaced, APO
- Fully Multi-Coated, STM coating
- Image Circle Diameter: 44mm with flattener
- Lens Shade: Retractable, O.D. 168mm (6.6")
- Focuser: 3.3" R&P Focuser with 1:10 Dual Speed micro focuser
- Dial Type Thermometer Built into Focuser
- Bhatinov Mask Cover for Critical Focus
- 2" and 1.25" Adapters with Compression Ring
- Tube and Guidescope Rings
- Losmandy style dovetail mount
- Integrated Carry Handle
- Tube Diameter: 141mm
- Tube Length: 780 mm (30.7") Fully Retracted
- Tube Weight: 9kg (19.9 lbs)
- Includes a high quality soft case
- Case Dimensions: 99 x 34 x 30cm (39" x 13.4" x 12")
- Case Weight: 13.5kg (29.8 lbs)
- Two year warranty