The Mallincam Universe is a serious astrophotography camera with the ability to produce near real-time images . Featuring an ultra-high sensitivity Sony CCD with virtually no noise, the Mallincam Universe is designed to perform.
The large APS sensor featuring 6.1MP provides the large fields of view missed in many other astronomical camera. The colour sensor eliminates the need to shoot through multiple filters, reducing cost, and simplifying the imaging process.
Making use of Mallincam's unique Hyper Circuit technology the Mallincam Universe delivers an exceptional dynamic range, while maintaining an excellent signal-to-noise ratio. Coupled with powerful -45° thermoelectric cooling, stunning images are possible without the use of calibration frames.
The Mallincam Universe features Mallincam's Constant Refresh System. By downloading each full-frame as they are acquired, a highly detailed real-time image can be built.
An optional 0.5x focal reducer is available and sold separately.
- Peltier cooler and sealed sensor for -45° cooling
- Colour CCD for ease of use
- Mallincam's Hyper Circuit delivers high gain, a high dynamic range with very low noise
- Large field of view with the APS sensor
- Continuous refresh system for live observing
- Controlled via USB2.0
- Class 0 electronics
- Capable of binning 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4
- 5 metre USB 2.0 cable
- T-mount to 2" adapter
- T-mount to C-mount adapter
- 100V AC to 12V DC power supply
- Driver and software CD
- Sensor: Sony ICX413AQ-S SuperHAD Colour CCD
- Sensor Size: 25.10 x 17.64mm (APS)
- Resolution: 3032 x 2016 (6.11MP)
- Pixel Size: 7.8 x 7.8µm
- Cooling: -45°C
- Backfocus: 17.5mm
- Output and Control: USB 2.0
- Power: 12V DC
- Weight: 924g (32.6oz)