Unlock the full imaging potential of your Celestron NexStar Evolution or NexStar SE 6/8 telescope with the new Celestron NexStar Evolution equatorial wedge.
Altazimuth mounts are limited to approximately 30 seconds of tracking before field-rotation becomes noticeable. Considerably longer exposures are possible by employing an equatorial wedge.
Simply attach the NexStar wedge to the tripod and attach the NexStar SE or Evolution computerized mount to the wedge tilt-plate. Roughly set the latitude and azimuth adjusters for a very rough polar alignment. Configure the NexStar* or NexStar+ hand controllers for EQ North or EQ South tracking, perform a three-star alignment, then activate and polar alignment routine and follow the instructions on-screen.
- Enables long-exposure astrophotography and autoguiding
- Captive hardware, tool-less operation, easily adjusts under load
- All new hefty yet portable design
- Sturdy latitude adjustment screw with easy to read scale and integrated bubble level
- Compatible with NexStar 6SE/8SE and Evolution telescopes
- Load capacity: 16.4kg (36lbs)
- Weight: 6.8kg (15lbs)
- Latitude range: 0° - 70°
Picture shown depicts the Evolution 9.25" mounted to the NexStar Wedge. Telescope not included.