The SBIG STXL is the next generation of the coveted STX series. Featuring the full frame Kodak KAI-11002 CCD, SBIG's unique even illumination shutter, and research-grade construction, this camera has been designed from the ground up to produce the best astroimages.
The STXL 11002 has many of the features that are important to produce the highest quality of images. A two stage thermoelectric cooler, coupled with SBIG's advanced electrical design minimizes noise. A unique even-illumination mechanical shutter design and an RBI pre-flash eliminate unwanted artefacts inherent in other camera designs.
An internal DC voltage regulator allows the use of unregulated power sources such as batteries without a degradation in image quality. A full frame image buffer allows the camera to begin the next exposure while still downloading the previous one. In focus mode, download only takes 1 second, more than sufficient in practice.
By moving the internal guiding CCD from the camera body to the front of the filter wheel, light is able to reach the guiding chip, unobstructed by any filters.
Accessories and bundle deals are available, call for details.
A class 1 version of this camera which features no column defects is also available.
- Class 2 CCD, Class 1 also available
- Built in RBI pre-flash
- Even-illumination mechanical shutter
- 2-stage TE cooling with liquid cooling capability
- Internal DC voltage regulator, allows powering from unregulated power sources
- User selectable internal noise reduction
- Full frame image buffer
- Built-in webserver
- User rechargeable desiccant plug
- Compatible with FW8S-STXL and FW8G-STXL (self-guiding) 8 position filter wheels
- Compatible with the STX guide head, and AO-X adaptive optics
- Sensor: Kodak Truesense KAI-11002M (Class 2 monochrome)
- Pixel Array: 4008 x 2672
- Sensor Size: 36.0 x 24.7 mm
- Pixel Size: 9 x 9 µm
- Total Pixels: 11 million
- Quantum Efficiency: 50% Peak, 30% Ha
- Full Well Capacity: 60 000 electrons
- Read Noise: ~11 electron RMS
- Antiblooming: Yes
- Cooling Delta: -60°C ± 0.1°C with air
- Full Frame Download: 6.3 seconds (1 second in focus mode)
- Computer Interface: USB 2.0 and Ethernet
- Computer OS: Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux 32/64-bit
- Power: 12V DC, 6A Max (Includes Universal AC Adapter)
- Mounting: 3" threaded accessory plate"
- Backfocus: 24.8 mm (0.98")")
- Dimensions: 152 x 152 x 76 mm (6 x 6 x 3")
- Weight: 2 kg (2.5 lb)
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labour on sensor, 2 years on body
- 15' USB 2.0 Cable
- Guiding cable
- Universal 100-240 VAC power supply
- Pelican carrying case
- SBIG's CCDOPS camera control software