The NexImage 10 CMOS camera is great for live viewing or photographing the Planets and Lunar features. This CMOS camera replaces the eyepiece, and produces color image stills through single-frame or multi-frame stacking.
The NexImage 10 features a USB 3.0 port, allowing the massive sensor to transfer all of its data very quickly. Extra-small pixels maximize the resolution, ensuring planetary detail is retained at short focal lengths.
Simply point your telescope at the Moon or a planet and record a quick video. The software analyzes each frame of video, throws away the fuzzy ones, and perfectly aligns the remaining images. The result is a bright, clear image with the maximum amount of color and detail. NexImage 10 is a great way to get started with astroimaging, especially if you live in a light-polluted area. If you can see the planet in the sky, you can image it with NexImage 10!
- 10 Mega pixel color sensor
- Extra-small pixels sizes provide sub arc-second planetary detail with most telescopes
- View and capture live video on your computer
- 1.25" and C-mount interfaces compatible with most telescopes
- Includes: USB cable, 1.25" nosepiece, software CD
- Automatically filters out video frames most affected by poor atmospheric "seeing"
- Automatic stacking and alignment of multiple frames
- Camera controls to manually adjust gain, contrast, exposure time, frame rate and color saturation
- Selectable “region of interest” sub-framing
- 2x2 binning capability
- Progressive scan
- 1/2.3" CMOS color Sensor (4:3)
- Resolution: 10 megapixel (3856 x 2764)
- Pixel size: 1.67µ square
- Sensor size: 6.44mm x 4.62mm (7.92 mm diagonal)
- Integrated IR-cut filter
- 1.25" barrel, threaded for eyepiece filters
- Computer interface: USB 3.0 Super-Speed
- Includes image processing software
System Requirements (subject to change)
- Windows, Mac OSX
- USB 1.1 or better (USB3.0 for maximum speed)
Note: laptop and telescope not included.