Guiding in the main optical train has long been acknowledged as the best, most accurate way to guide long exposures, particularily with SCTs. The SBIG self-guiding filter wheel makes this easy by placing a guiding CCD in front of the filters. This ensures it receives the maximum amount of light possible while saving weight by unifying these two components.
The SBIG self-guiding filter wheel uses a positive centering mechanism that precisely re-positions filters to a precision of a few microns. This simplifies taking flats as the filter will always be brought back to the same position.
The filter wheel is designed to take 50mm round unmounted filters which will ensure no vignetting occurs with the full-frame sensors.
The SBIG self-guiding filter wheel attaches firmly to an STXL series camera and is controlled/powered through it via the camera's I2C port.
- Holds eight 50mm round unmounted filters
- Micron-precision filter positioning
- Self-guiding in front of filters
- Filter Size: 50mm
- Filter Positions: 8
- Telescope Adapter: STXL thread w/ 2" nosepiece
- Computer/Power Interface: Via camera's I2C port
- Guiding CCD: KAI-0340
- Guiding CCD Array: 648 x 484
- Guiding CCD Pixel Size: 7.6µm
- Mechanical Backfocus: 60 mm
- Dimensions: 279 x 216 x 41mm (11 x 8.5 x 1.6")
- Weight: 16 kg (3.6 lbs)