The Orion UltraBlock Narrowband Telescope Filter is the filter for deep-sky observers located at highly light-polluted sites. Blocks all forms of light pollution — mercury vapor and sodium emission bands — while passing the critical hydrogen-beta and ionized oxygen wavelengths. With an UltraBlock telescope filter, emission and planetary nebulas "surface" from the washed out background sky. In dark skies, the UltraBlock also enhances the sky presence of a significant number of fainter deep-sky objects over unfiltered and wideband-filtered views.
By cutting out everything except for the important OIII and H-Beta bands, this filter removes the maximum amount of light pollution possible while still passing useful light. This will greatly enhance views of both emission and planetary nebulae.
- The Orion UltraBlock is the ideal eyepiece filter for deep-sky observers located at highly light-polluted sites
- Narrowband filter blocks all forms of light pollution
- Enhances the presence of a significant number of fainter deep-sky objects
- Compatible with threaded Orion 1.25" eyepieces. Metal filter cell construction.
- Save yourself a trip to dark skies - with the UltraBlock filter you can enjoy the stars from the suburbs!