The New SkyRaider DS2.3PLUS video/imager/autoguider is the newest in the SkyRaider family of astronomical video cameras. It includes the very latest Sony EXmor CMOS sensor to deliver the increased sensitivity needed for astronomical observation and imaging. The New SkyRaider DS2.3PLUS is ready for the most demanding applications in video astronomy, excelling at live observing of both deep sky and solar system objects. The MallinCam SkyRaider DS2.3PLUS is a very versatile video / imaging camera ever created for computer use. All astronomical targets can be observed live while images are captured or while video is recorded simultaneously.
The DS2.3PLUS utilizes a 2.38 effective megapixel, ceramic CMOS sensor. The Type 1/1.2 type sensor is larger than a 1/2" type sensor and measures 13.4mm diagonally. The camera delivers high resolution images using all telescope types and a standard focal reducer can be used to further increase the field of view needed for those spectacular large astronomical objects. The EXview HAD, called EXmor, sensor has significantly improved sensitivity in the near infrared light region, and it utilizes square 5.86 µm unit pixels with high signal-to-noise ratio.
Using USB3 technology, the MallinCam SkyRaider DS2.3PLUS delivers fast download speeds, near instantaneous to the computer, perfect for displaying live images, capturing long exposure images, or recording uncompressed video files. A fan assisted passive cooling system ensures sensor temperature stability and super low noise ratio.
The New MALLINCAM SKYRAIDER DS2.3PLUS camera's Sony EXmor sensor sensitivity is augmented by incorporating CDS (correlated double sampling) procedures. This feature ensures that the SkyRaider DS2.3 is perfect for astronomy and other dark field applications, as well as the bright field applications required for lunar, planetary and solar observing. The SkyRaider DS2.3PLUS camera can be used to replace traditional CCD cameras to some extent since its unique features (including high sensitivity, low noise, and group shutter) are found only in this MallinCam model.
NOTE: Only a few sensors produced have the group shutter function. By utilizing USB3.0, the image download time is nearly instantaneous.
By utilizing the MALLINCAMSKY Software application Dark Frame Correction (Pat. applied) feature, an internal Peltier cooler (TEC) is not needed. This results in the use of only a single cable from the camera to the computer's USB 3.0 port. The Dark Field Correction (Pat. Applied) feature removes all hot pixels, warm pixels and dark current noise on the fly making this premier astronomy camera the idea choice in the field or in a observatory. The dark field correction technology has been implemented by MallinCam for all their SkyRaider Series of camera eliminating the need of a Peltier cooler.
- Support and includes Full Trigger Mode
- Built-in Memories
- CDS (Correlated Double Sampling)
- 2.35 Mega Pixels CMOS ceramic color sensor
- 13.4 mm diagonal (WUXGA Mode)
- Number of effective pixels 1936 (H) × 1216 (V) (WUXGA Mode)
- Transfer method: All-pixel scan
- Full HD
- Hand Selected sensor class 0 Scientific grade
- Sealed Multi-Coated Optical Window
- FPS/Resolution: up to30@1936x1216 (computer performance dependent)
- Progressive Scan
- Pixel (μm): 5.86 square
- Connectivity USB 3.0
- Sensor Gain: Variable to 50X
- Sensor G Sensitivity: 1016mv @ 1/30s
- Binning: 1x1, 2x2
- Sensor: 2.35M/IMX302 Color Sensor 1936 X 1216
- Size(mm) 1/1.2" (7.20x4.5) (WUXGA mode)
- Guiding: ST4 standard protocol
- All Aluminum construction, precision CNC machining
- Hand crafted electronics assembly
- Includes a 1.25" adapter nosepiece
- One USB 3 cable operation
- 1.25" adapter included
- 5 meter long. (15 feet long) USB 3 high grade cable included
- Weight : 429 Grams (15.10 oz)
- Dimension: 3.1 inch diameter, 3-1/4 inch long