This complete autoguiding setup includes everything you need to enjoy the benefits of autoguided tracking accuracy in your astrophotographic pursuits. This affordable package includes the award-winning Orion StarShoot AutoGuider and the versatile 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope with Helical Focuser.
No matter what type of telescope you're using for long-exposure astrophotography, precise guiding is an absolute requirement to obtain pinpoint star images. Using both a dedicated autoguider device and a guide scope is arguably the best way to optimize the accuracy of any astrophotography pursuit. Employing a complete autoguiding setup like the Orion StarShoot AutoGuider & 60mm Guide Scope Package is especially useful for capturing images of faint deep-sky objects, when multiple long exposures are required.
The complete Orion-exclusive StarShoot AutoGuider & 60mm Guide Scope Package makes autoguiding easy, and its affordable price is easy on your wallet.
The included StarShoot AutoGuider keeps track of a selected guide star and communicates constantly with connected equatorial telescope mount to correct any tracking errors throughout long exposure astrophotography sessions. The high-resolution sensor inside the AutoGuider is a relatively small, 1/2" format, 1.3-megapixel CMOS monochrome chip, which makes a great match with the 60mm Guide Scope thanks to the chip's small and accurate 5.2-micron x 5.2-micron pixels. Since the StarShoot AutoGuider features female T-Threads, secure attachment onto the included 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope is nice and easy.
The included 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope with Helical Focuser has a large, 60mm aperture objective for better light-gathering than 50mm and smaller models. The larger aperture lets you see fainter stars, for a brighter and wider selection of guide star choices. A built-in helical focuser allows precise focus adjustments with zero flexure for rigid performance. The focuser moves the attached AutoGuider inwards or outwards while maintaining its orientation, so your field of potential guide stars will not rotate as focus is adjusted. Two heavy-duty guide scope rings with nylon-tipped thumbscrews are included for precise aiming, as is a 8.9 cm (3.5") long, 3cm (1.18") wide Vixen-style dovetail mounting bar for easy attachment.
An added benefit of the versatile 60mm Guide Scope with Helical Focuser is its ability to double as a straight-through finder scope when used in combination with an optional 1.25" eyepiece. With an optional eyepiece inserted, the Guide Scope allows easy visual alignment of the Guide Scope with the main imaging telescope prior to attaching and using the StarShoot AutoGuider. A non-marring compression ring keeps inserted eyepieces in-place without scratching the eyepiece barrel.
The assembled Orion StarShoot AutoGuider & 60mm Guide Scope Package weighs just 1kg (2 lbs., 4.1 oz.)
- Complete autoguiding solution includes 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope and StarShoot AutoGuider
- With its big 60mm objective lens and non-rotating Helical Focuser, the included 60mm Multi-Use Guide Scope makes guide star selection easy
- Included StarShoot AutoGuider features a high-resolution, 1/2" format 1.3-megapixel CMOS monochrome chip, with 5.2 x 5.2 micron pixels for highly accurate guiding
- Helical focuser collar will not rotate attached autoguider devices during focus adjustments
- Can also be used as a deluxe straight-through finder scope with optional 1.25" eyepieces installed (eyepieces sold separately)
- A reliable autoguiding solution that will help optimize tracking accuracy of any astrophotography setup
- Affordable combination of gear lets you add autoguiding precision without spending an arm and a leg
- Assembled package weighs just 1kg (2 lbs., 4.1 oz.)
- Aperture: 60mm (2.36")
- Focal length: 240mm (9.45")
- Focal ratio: f/4
- Objective: cemented Crown/Flint doublet
- Fully multicoated
- Focuser: Dual mode--sliding and helical, individually lockable, with fine gradadion scales; eyepiece compression ring>
- Accepts 1.25" eyepieces
- Threaded to accept M42 threaded cameras and T2 rings
- Two guide scope rings, Vixen-style dovetail mounting bar w/ tapped holes
- Length: 25.9cm (10.2")
- Weight: 910g (32 oz)
- Orion one year warranty
AutoGuider Camera Specifications
- Imaging sensor: Micron MT9M001
- Imaging sensor size: .66mm x 5.32mm
- Pixel array: 1280 x 1024 (1,310,720 total)
- Pixel size:5.2 x 5.2 microns
- Imaging chip: Monochrome
- Video frame rate: 15 frames/second at full resolution
- ST-4 compatible guide port: Yes
- Exposure range: 0.05 second to 10 second
- A/D conversion: 8 bit
- Thermoelectric cooling: No
- IR filter: No
- Mounting: 1.25" nozzle or t-thread
- USB connection: High-speed 2.0
- Software compatibility: Windows 7/8/Mac OSX
- Backfocus distance (from T-threads): 15.00mm
- Weight: 114g (4 oz.)