The PowerTank Lithium Pro is for the true power user! This higher capacity unit is the latest version of our bestselling PowerTank Lithium. PowerTank Lithium Pro offers twice the battery capacity of the original, making it ideal for more demanding applications.
PowerTank Lithium Pro features the right ports and connections to accommodate a variety of devices. You’ll find a 12V DC 5A telescope power port (Celestron cable included), a 12V DC 10A car battery adapter port, and two 5V DC USB ports - one 2.1 A and one that supports rapid charging.
The power pack’s extremely portable form factor means it can go anywhere, from a remote dark sky location for astroimaging to a weekend of camping. When it’s powering your telescope, use the included 2” straps to secure the unit to your tripod leg where it is out of the way.
One side of the unit features a strip of LED lighting in both bright white and red. This turns the unit into a convenient safety light during star parties or a work lamp to clean up your observing area when the night is done. You can even use it as a bright emergency light during a power failure and illuminate an entire room of your home.
PowerTank Lithium Pro can also travel with you on your next vacation. At 158.74 Wh, it meets current FAA regulations (160Wh) from transportation in your carry-on baggage. Please check in advance with your airline to verify they do not have stricter policies.
Advantages of Celestron’s LiFePO4 Battery
Powered by Celestron's Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery, PowerTank Lithium Pro is smaller, lighter, and safer than sealed lead acid batteries. The technology is also more environmentally-friendly since it does not use toxic heavy metals.
PowerTank Lithium Pro’s LiFePO4 chemistry holds up to 2000 charge cycles and has an un-recharged shelf life up to 10 years. That means you won’t have to remember to recharge your battery every few months as is required for a sealed lead acid battery. Its large, 17-hour capacity and lack of maintenance make PowerTank Lithium Pro the ideal choice for an emergency kit. Store one in your home, your garage, and even your office.
One aspect of LiFePo4 batteries that other websites often don't address is operating temperature. LiFePo4 can operate down to -10c, or even -20c, but may need some help in sub-zero temperatures. Battery capacity and output depends on the battery being warm, store and charge the battery in a warm place. Keep the battery warm in the winter by placing it in a box wrapped with something mildly insulating (eg: blanket). In low temperatures, especially when the current draw is low (eg: mount is tracking the sky, no slewing), you may want to run a dew heater on the scope or on the battery, until the battery is producing its own heat internally. A reuseable hand warmer may also be used.
Auto shutoff feature protects battery when not being used. Please see the specifications section for auto shut-off specs.
Note: if the auto-shutoff feature occurs during tracking, your current draw is too low. Current draw can be increased by running a dew heater system from the same power port.
- Lithium Phosphate technology for durability, and safety
- 2000 charge cycles (versus 500 for lithium ion and 300 for lead-acid)
- Un-recharged shelf life of 10 years
- Does not pose the fire danger of lithium ion batteries
- Environmentally friendly, no toxic heavy metals
- Built-in white and red LED light
- Charging Input: 16VDC @ 2A
- Charge Time (from flat): 6 hours
- Capacity: 158.7 Wh (13.2 Ah) @ 12 V)
- Telescope Power Port:
- 12v DC @ 5A, Tip positive, 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel connector
- Auto shutoff: 30 minutes if load is 200mA or less, +/- 50mA
- Car Battery Adapter Port:
- 12v DC @ 10A, Tip positive, car auxiliary port connector
- Auto shutoff: 30 minutes if load is 400mA or less, +/- 50mA
- USB Charging Port 1 Output: 5VDC @ 2.1A
- USB Charging Port 2 Output: 5VDC Quick Charge
- Light Panel: Red or White, with two brightness settings for each color
- Minimum Operating Temperature: -10c
- Cycle Durability: 2000 cycles (charge/discharge)
- Weatherproof/Dustproof: IP-65 rating
- Telescope Power Cord: 2 meters (6.5 feet) with connector for Celestron telescopes
- Strap: 2” wide hook & loop strap for attachment to tripod leg
- Dimensions: 222mm tall; 152mm wide, 101mm deep (8.75" x 6" x 4")
- Weight: 2.04kg (4.5 lbs)
- Warranty: 2 years