There are few things in life where one must "see it to believe it". The New MallinCam DS287c/m is one of them. Never has an astronomical camera had such sensitivity that instant, live views could be achieved. MallinCam designed and is producing an astronomical camera that achieves this goal. The new Sony IMX287 industrial CMOS sensor was introduced to dominate the market for high sensitivity, high signal to noise ratio sensors. This camera has been designed around this sensor to offer unmatched sensitivity at a reasonable price.
The New MallinCam SkyRaider DS287c/m is perfect for outreach programs at schools, colleges, universities, planetariums, museums and astronomy clubs, or for the ultimate in live, personal observing. The camera comes with MallinCamSky software, which allows live stacking (either averaged or additive), dark field subtraction, flat field correction, gain adjustment and much more for fine tuning the image. This allows the camera to perform with stunning sensitivity at very short exposure times. The results might be hard to believe--until seen live on screen.
The MallinCam SkyRaider DS287c/m is the most sensitive guider camera ever created. All components are industrial Grade 1 throughout. The circuitry and the IMX287 CMOS Industrial sensor are also Class 1. Included with the camera are a 1.25" eyepiece adapter, 2 meter (78”) guiding cable, and a premium 5 meters (16.4’) USB3 heavy duty cable. Frame rate is 525+/- FPS (frames per second), making the SkyRaider DS287 in some respects the ultimate Planetary, Lunar, Solar (with proper solar filtration) and deep sky camera. A great high-volume galaxy hunting camera - ideal for super nova searching. Be ready to be impressed - it’s a MallinCam, the pioneer in live video astronomy!
In the box
- DS287c Color Camera
- 5m (16') premium Heavy Duty USB3.0 cable
- Threaded 1.25" eyepiece adapter, C mount
- 2m (6.5') Guiding Cable
- Software available for free downloaded from the MallinCam.net Website
- Aircraft aluminum construction
- Stainless steel hardware
- Heavy Duty Heat sink for effective heat dissipation
- Cold finger contact to the rear of the sensor to the heat sink
- Latest Technology throughout
- C mount
- Industrial Sony CMOS sensor, IMX287 Series, class 1
- 0.4 MP
- 6.9µn; x 6.9µn; pixel size
- 1/3” Format (4.97mm x 3.73mm imaging area)
- 720 x 540 pixel resolution
- QE 95%+ (monochrome camera)
- 525 FPS (frame per seconds @ 0.100ms exposure, USB3.0 connectivity)
- Noise figure: 1.2e
- Adjustable gain
- Digital Binning: 1x1, 2x2, 3x3 , 4x4
- Live stacking; averaged or additive, selectable
- Frame alignment on the fly - ideal for ALT-AZ mounted motorized telescopes
- Live Histogram adjustment
- Built-in temperature monitor of the CMOS sensor
- Sharpness feature
- Sensitivity (DS287c): 4584mv@ 1/30s
- Exposure time range: 0.1ms to 16 minutes, 40 seconds.
- And a whole lot more