The QHY367C is the top performing full-frame camera in the COLDMOS Series. The Sony Exmor IMX094 CMOS sensor is also found in the Nikon D800/810 DSLR cameras. This sensor is implemented in the QHY367C specifically for astronomical use with QHYCCD thermal noise reduction technology. With read noise as low as 2.4e-, a full well capacity of 56ke-, and 14-bit A/D, the camera has a dynamic range of more than 14 f/stops.
Many cameras claim to output RAW image files, but there is often still some internal processing performed on the image. This can have a negative effect on the image for astronomy, such as the "star eater" effect. The QHY367C outputs TRUE RAW data, preserving the original data for maximum compatibility with astronomical imaging processing programs and other scientific imaging applications.
In addition to dual stage TE cooling, QHYCCD implements proprietary technology in hardware to control the dark current noise in the QHY367C. As a result the dark current of this camera is a remarkable 0.0015e-/p/s at -15°C.
The optical window has high quality multi-layer AR coatings on both surfaces. In addition, the sensor surface is AR coated as well, all of which significantly reduces reflection-induced halos around bright stars. IR blocking is not present, so that the camera may be used with maximum sensitivity to H-alpha and near IR when desired. Or a simple IR blocking filter (L filter) can be attached for typical RGB imaging with IR cut.
With the QHYCCD anti-amp glow technology, the QHY367C exhibits zero amplifier glow, even in long exposures. This makes possible long exposures of DSOs which are easier to process. There are only a few CMOS cameras that can achieve zero amplifier glow. The QHY367C is one.
The QHY367C benefits from more than a decade of cooled camera design experience. QHYCCD has implemented full dew control solutions. The optical window has a built-in dew heater and the CMOS chamber is protected from internal condensation.
QHYCCD offers a variety of mechanical adapters for the QHY367C, permitting it to fit a broad range of accessories, including the QHYCCD OAG, 0.5mm-27.5mm flexible back focus adjustment spacer, 2-inch T-ring, IR filter holder and more. QHYCCD has a combination table which can be found on our web site's specifications page.
The QHY367C has a 128MB DDRII buffer, which is greater than one full frame (72MB per frame) and is ideal for buffering the image in the camera. It helps tremendously with slower computers and USB2.0 connections, where it improves the data transfer stability and flow control.
- Model: QHY367C (Color)
- Sensor: Sony IMX094 Color CMOS
- Sensor Size: 36mm x 24mm full frame
- Effective Pixel: 7376 x 4938, 36.4MP
- Photosensitive Area: 36.0 x 24.1mm
- Pixel Size: 4.88μm x 4.88μm
- Full Well: 56ke-
- Readout Type: Progressive Scan
- Shutter: Electric rolling shutter
- Exposure Time: 60μs to 3600s (60 min)
- Max Frame Rate (both 8bit and 14bit):
- 3.2FPS @ Full Resolution
- 7FPS @ 2160 LINES (eg. 7400*2160, 4096*2160 etc)
- 14FPS @ 1080 LINES (eg. 7400*1080,1920*1080 etc)
- 19FPS @ 768 LINES
- 30FPS @ 480 LINES
- 40FPS @ 320 LINES
- 83FPS @ 100 LINES (eg.7400*100)
- Pixel Binning: 1 x 1
- A/D Convert : 14 bit
- Readout Noise: 3.2e- @ low gain; 2.4e- @ unity gain
- Maximum Dynamic Range: >17,000, or >14 f/stops
- Mechanical Interface: M54/0.75 female thread
- TEC 2-stage TEC: 35°C below ambient
- Optical Glass Window : Clear, AR coated both sides
- Optical window heater: Yes
- Silicon gel socket: Yes
- Weight (camera only): 788g (1.74 lbs)
- Power Consumption: ~30W @ 100% TEC; 13W @ 50% TEC
- Electric interface: USB3.0, 12V DC Power socket with lock(2.1mm)
- Warranty: 1 to 2 years, depending on sensor