The QHY5L-II is our most popular guide camera for good reason. It uses the 1/3 inch, 1.2MP Aptina MT9M034 CMOS sensor. The 1280 x 960-pixel array of 3.75 um pixels are capable of video speeds of 30 frames per second at full resolution. The QHY 5L series camera has a c-mount interface for flexibility and retention of a compact form factor.
It has high sensitivity, an exceptional 74% QE, and low noise. The QHY5L-II's sensitivity is even better than many CCD cameras. The read noise is remarkably low (~ 4 electrons) and the on-chip FPN (Fixed Pattern Noise) calibration function solves one of the major problems of CMOS technology, resulting in images that are clear and uniform, even under high gain. With these advantages, the QHY5L-II provides outstanding image quality for planetary imaging, autoguiding, deep-sky and all-sky imaging. Available in color and monochrome versions. The sensor has 1280 x 960 pixels at 3.75um and the camera is capable of 30 FPS in high resolution mode, 106 FPS in VGA mode.
The QHY5L-II design retains the standard eyepiece-size, 1.25" diameter body, as well as the standard ST-4 Opto-isolated guide port. In concert with the high frame rates, the high QE of 74% makes this an ideal planetary camera. It uses a single USB port for camera control and power to provide simplicity and ease of use. The USB communication port has been updated to take advantage of the full download speed, and to eliminate noise that had been caused by the USB port in the past.
This camera's capabilities, at an attractive price, make it a top tier contender for both auto guiding and planetary imaging. Included is a parfocal adjustment ring, 1.25" extension tube/filter holder, and a USB and guide cable.
- QHY5L-IIC Planetary and Guide Camera
- 1.25" Camera Extender
- USB Cable
- ST4 Guide Cable
- CS Lens Spacers
- Parfocal Ring
- Storage Box
Features and Specifications
- Model: QHY5L-II-M (Monochrome)
- CMOS Sensor: 1.2MP, 1/3inch, Aptina MT9M034
Pixel Array: 1280 x 960
- Array size: 4.83mm x 3.63mm
- Peak Quantum Efficiency: 74%
- Pixel Size: 3.75um
- ADC Resolution: 14-bit on chip; 8-bit/12-bit on output
- Shutter Type: Electronic rolling
- Exposure Time Range: 20μs to 10m
- Frame Rate:
- 30FPS @ 1280 x 960 Full Resolution
- 106FPS @ 640 x 480
- Readout Noise: ~4e
- Computer Interface: USB2.0; 39MB/s
- Improved heat dissipation
- Telescope Interface: C-mount
- Power Supply: Camera Powered by USB
- Weight: 43g (1.5 oz)
- Warranty: 1 to 2 years, depending on sensor