The LX65 Series 6" ACF has an Advanced Coma-Free (ACF™) optical design offering the coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter image fields while reducing astigmatism and eliminates diffraction spikes. Features include a 6" (152mm) aperture, 1524mm focal length, and f/10 focal ratio. Equipped with an internal single speed focuser and Ultra High Transmission Coatings (UHTC&trade:) for the improvement of brighter star clusters, more fine detail in nebulae, and greater surface features on planets. Includes one 26mm,1.25" Super Plossl eyepiece and a red-dot viewfinder along with a vixen-style dovetail. The OTA by itself weighs 4.1kg (9.14 lbs) and has dimensions of 21.6cm x 41.9cm (8.5" x 16.5").
Single-arm mount can carry two telescopes
The LX65 features a newly designed single-arm mount with Meade’s AudioStar® Hand controller. This new mount is compact, yet sturdy, providing a great combination of portability and performance. Additionally, the LX65 has the ability to hold two optical tubes, making your experience twice as enjoyable! With its quick and portable setup, you’re ready to start observing in minutes. The LX65 system breaks down into 3 compact pieces and does not require any tools, making it a breeze to transport to your favorite dark sky location!
This versatile scope features two dovetail receivers that allows you to use two optical tubes at once! Attach up to a 3.2kg (7lb) OTA on the secondary saddle for a chance to observe your objects both in wide field or close up. This added versatility makes the LX65 great for astronomy outreach or sharing the night sky with others and will be sure to impress anyone with its technology and optics.
Easy align, with AudioStar®
The LX65 are smart scopes that know the night sky right out of the box. Enter your site information, find level and North, and Easy Align picks two alignment stars for you and places them right in your viewfinder. Center them to fine tune your alignment and the wonders of the Universe are at your fingertips.
The Meade AudioStar® hand controller features audio files and an internal speaker. This computerized celestial object location system plugs into the telescope's handbox port, allowing a quick telescope alignment. Once aligned with the sky, the AudioStar® is ready to take you to any object in the over 30,000 object database. In addition to GOTO and tracking capability, AudioStar® permits a wide array of fascinating and educational functions such as multiple guided tours, digital positional readouts, the ability to link with a PC using optionally available software and cord, and much more.
- Clear Aperture: 152mm (6")
- Optical Design: Advanced Coma-Free (ACF™)
- Optical Coatings: UHTC&trade
- Focal Length: 1524mm
- Focal Ratio: f/10
- Focuser Mechanism: Single Speed Internal Focuser
- Viewfinder: Red-Dot Viewfinder
- Eyepiece: 26mm Super Plössl, 1.25"
- Diagonal: Meade #07202 Diagonal Mirror, 1.25"
- Barlow: Available Separately
- Telescope OTA Weight: 4.1kg (9.14 lbs)
- Can Carry Two Telescopes at Once!
- Dovetail: Vixen-Style on Primary and Secondary Saddles
- Hand Controller: AudioStar&trade
- Object Database: 30,000 objects
- Control Panel: Handbox, Aux1 Port, Aux2 Port, 12v Power
- Power Source: Eight (8) C-size Batteries or 12v External Power (USER SUPPLIED)
- Built-in Carry Handle
- Assembled Dimensions: 85cm x 99cm x 161cm (33.5" x 39" x 63.5")
- Mount Weight: 8.5kg (18.7lbs)
- Tripod Weight: 3.9kg (8.5lbs)
- Warranty: 1 Year