Meade 12" LX850-ACF (f/8) Advanced Coma-Free w/UHTC #1208-85-01. Meade Instruments proudly introduces the new standard in astrophotograhic and visual performance, the LX850. The fast f/8 Advanced Coma Free optical system produces a wider, flatter field with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge of larger imaging sensors and extreme wide angle eyepieces. Includes StarLock dual imager integrated full time guider, Ultra Precision Pointing and Assisted Drift Alignment, 5.8" 225 tooth polished bronze worm/gear drives with low periodic error, internal cable routing, GPS receiver, AutoStar II GOTO system with over 144,000 object library, heavy-duty adjustable height tripod with anti-vibration pads, Universal AC Adapter, Meade Zero Image Shift Electronic Micro-Focuser, telescope to computer USB cable and AutoStar Suite software.
Features top of the line Meade Advanced Coma Free (ACF) optical design offering the coma-free pinpoint star images and flatter image fields greatly desired by discerning amateur astronomers, astrophotographers and professional observatories alike. This patented system also reduces the astigmatism and eliminates diffraction spikes found in classical RC designs.
This 12" LX850 has 12" diameter f/8 ACF optics (focal length 2438mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The all new OTA includes an internal Crayford style zero image shift focusing system with two speed, 7:1 reduction control.
Includes StarLock- the revolutionary new technology that makes target acquisition on your imaging sensor and accurate guiding during exposures completely automatic. With Meade's exclusive LightSwitch technology at its core, StarLock uses an 80mm f/5 optic and two-camera sensor system to provide computer assisted polar alignment using the drift method. Once aligned the StarLock is guiding the mount in real time, and even automatically programs periodic error correction, achieving a guiding accuracy of up to 1 arcsecond in good seeing and with the capability of guiding on stars as faint as 11th magnitude.
The LX850 mount, constructed of machined stainless steel and aircraft grade aluminum is a rock solid platform for the most demanding applications, with a 90 pound payload capacity and pointing accuracy as good as one arcminute. Features include precision roller bearings on each axis, a 1.75" stainless steel RA shaft, 5.8" main gears, fine manual adjustment controls on both axis, illuminated reticle output port. Mount main body weight is 55 pounds. The fully height adjustable (29 to 45") tripod features massive 3" diameter legs for rock steady performance and weighs 36 pounds. Includes two 26 pound stainless steel counterweights; additional weights sold separately. LX800 mount shown in photo, LX850 mount similar.
Telescope comes fully equipped with a Meade Series 5000 2" diagonal prism featuring enhanced 99% reflectivity, Series 5000 HD-60 25mm eyepiece, and 8x50 viewfinder with quick release bracket. Also includes bracket for alternate OTA mounting of StarLock if desired.
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty.
- 12" f/8 Advanced Coma Free Optics - 2438mm focal length
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Crayford Focuser
- 41kg (90 lbs) instrument capacity
- StarLock automatic guider
- AutoStar II GOTO system
- Heavy-duty tripod
- Zero Image Shift Electricronic Micro-Focuser
- Series: LX850 Telescopes
- Experience Level: Advanced
- Clear Aperture: 203mm (12")
- Optical Design: Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical Coatings: UHTC™
- Focal Length: 2438mm (96")
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Resolving Power (Dawes' Limit): 0.380 arc-seconds
- Oversized Primary Mirror: Yes
- Viewfinder: 8x50mm with cross-hair reticle
- Eyepiece(s): HD-60 25mm
- Focuser Mechanism: Internal Crayford-style, zero image-shift, dual speed 7:1 focuser
- Diagonal: Series 5000™ 2" Dielectric Diagonal
- Dovetail: Losmandy®-style with ultra stable radius blocks
- Hand Controller: AutoStar® II
- Object Database: 145,000 objects
- Pointing Precision (High-Precision Mode): 1 arc-minute (+/-)
- Periodic Error Correction: Both Axes
- Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC): Yes
- StarLock™: Yes
- Typical Guiding Performance with StarLock: < 1 arc-second
- Slow Motion Controls: Electronic
- Slew Speeds: RA and Dec: 1x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x sidereal and 0.25°/sec, 0.5°/sec, 1°/sec, and 3°/sec (max)
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates
- Control Panel: 12v DC in, 12v DC out, Power, Focuser, Reticle, Handbox port, 1 computer connection port (RS232), 1 StarLock port, 1 Aux guide port
- Tripod: LX850 Giant Field Tripod
- Power Source: 12v DC, 5 amp Meade Universal Power Supply
- GPS Receiver: Yes
- Time Chip: Yes
- Electronic Focuser: Included
- Smart Mount™ : Yes
- Smart Drive™: Yes
- Anti-vibration Pads: Included
- Warranty: 1 Year