Meade 12" f/8 ACF Optical Tube Assembly #1208-80-01 with the Losmandy-style dovetail. The bare essentials for an unbeatable price.
We've heard your requests, and we listened. That's why we're proud to offer the f/8 OTA without the accessories for an ultra-low cost.
Building on Meade’s award-winning Advanced Coma-Free™ (ACF™) optics, the 12" OTA employs a fast f/8 optical system with high-contrast baffling that insures crisp, pinpoint imaging to the very edge of the field. Features an internal zero image shift Crayford-style focusing system with a two-speed 7:1 reduction control that provides smooth, precise focusing at any magnification. Also features Meade's Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum brightness and contrast, an oversized low-expansion primary mirror for extra aperture and to prevent thermal expansion of the mirror, and diffraction-limited optics.
Includes precision machined Losmandy-style dovetail rail mated to the tube with wide-stance radius blocks for rock-steady mounting, and front and rear dust covers. Focal length is 2438mm. OTA weight is 41 lbs.
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty.
- 12" f/8 Advanced Coma Free Optics - 2438mm focal length
- Meade Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC)
- Oversized Low-Expansion Borosilicate Primary Mirror
- Losmandy style mounting rail
- Series: LX850 Telescopes
- Experience Level: Advanced
- Clear Aperture: 304mm (12")
- Optical Design: Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical Coatings: UHTC™
- Focal Length: 2438mm (96")
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Resolving Power (Dawes' Limit): 0.380 arc-seconds
- Oversized Primary Mirror: Yes
- Focuser Mechanism: Internal Crayford-style, zero image- shift, dual speed 7:1 focuser
- Dovetail Losmandy®-style with ultra stable radius blocks
- Assembled Product Weight: 18.6kg (41 lbs)
- Warranty: 1 Year