About the 10" LX-600 ACF: "...I can confidently say that it’s the best telescope of its type that I’ve yet tested for astrophotography." - Dennis Di Cicco, Sky & Telescope Magazine, May 2016 issue.
At a Glance
- 16" f/8 Advanced Coma Free Optics - 3251mm focal length
- Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC™)
- Crayford Focuser
- StarLock automatic guider
- AutoStar II GOTO system
- Spli-Fork Arms for Improved manageability
- Super Giant Field tripod
The LX600 with Super Giant Field Tripod. The fast f/8 Advanced Coma Free optical system produces a wider, flatter field with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge when using large image sensors and extreme wide-angle eyepieces. The 16" LX600 includes the patented Starlock auto-guiding system for automatic full-time guiding with one arc-second precision under good seeing conditions, zero image-shifter focuser, AutoStar II GOTO system with over 145,000 object library, and much more.
The Meade 16" LX600 has our fast f/8 ACF optics 3251mm focal length) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC™) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero-image shift when focusing eliminating the need for re-centering your object and includes an internal Crayford-style focuser with two speed, 7:1 reduction control that allows for quick and easy adjustments.
The massive 16" LX600 dual fork mount features 11" main gears and boasts pointing accuracy of one arcminute or better in High Precision Mode. This rock solid platform is sure to exceed the need for the most demanding applications.
The included Super Giant Field Tripod ensures a research grade foundation for this largest of the LX600 models and is remarkably transportable for an instrument of its size and specifications.
Includes StarLock- the revolutionary new technology that makes target acquisition on your imaging sensor and accurate guiding during exposures completely automatic.
The 16" LX600 Advanced Coma-Free comes fully equipped with AutoStar II keypad with 14,000 object library, Meade 2" Series 5000 diagonal with enhanced 99% reflectivity, Meade 2" MWA 21mm eyepiece, and 8x50 viewfinder with quick release bracket.
Power panel includes the following ports: 12V input, 12V output, illuminated reticle, handbox, RS-232 x1, StarLock, Aux, and Focuser.
Optical Tube with Split-Fork Arms: 190 lbs.
Drive Base with Split-Fork Arms: 112 lbs.
Approximate Shipping Weight: 374 lbs.
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty.
Telescope and Mount Specifications
- Series: LX600 Telescopes
- Warranty: one year Meade factory limited warranty
- Experience Level: Advanced
- Clear Aperture: 406mm (16")
- Optical Design: Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical Coatings: UHTC™
- Focal Length: 3251mm
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Resolving Power (Dawes' Limit): 0.285 arc-seconds
- Oversized Primary Mirror: Yes
- Viewfinder: 8x50mm with cross-hair reticle
- Eyepiece(s): 2" MWA 21mm
- Focuser Mechanism: Internal Crayford-style, zero image-shift, dual speed 7:1 focuser
- Diagonal: Series 5000 2" enhanced mirror
- Hand Controller: AutoStar® II
- Object Database: 145,000 objects
- Pointing Precision (High-Precision Mode): 1 arc-minute (+/-)
- Periodic Error Correction: Both Axes
- Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC): Yes
- StarLock™: Yes
- Typical Guiding Performance with StarLock: < 1 arc-second
- Slow Motion Controls: Mechanical & Electronic
- Slew Speeds: RA and Dec: 0.01x to1.0x sidereal, variable in 0.01x increments; 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal; 1°/sec. to 2°/sec., variable in 0.1° increments
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates
- Control Panel: 12v DC in, 12v DC out, Power, Focuser, Reticle, Handbox port, 1 computer connection port (RS232), 1 StarLock port, 1 Aux guide port
- Tripod: Super Giant Field Tripod
- Power Source: (Optional) 12v DC, 5 amp Meade Universal Power Supply
- Batteries (User-Supplied): x8 C cells
- GPS Receiver: Yes
- Time Chip: Yes
- Electronic Focuser: Optional
- Smart Mount™: Yes
- Smart Drive™: Yes
- Anti-vibration Pads: Included
- Wedge: Optional
- Weight of Optical Tube with Upper Split-Fork Arms: 86kg (190 lbs)
- Weight of Drive Base with Lower Split-Fork Arms: 51kg (112 lbs)
- Total Weight of Telescope and Drive Base: 92kg (202 lbs)
- Approximate Shipping Weight: 374 lbs.