About the 10" LX-600 ACF: "...I can confidently say that it’s the best telescope of its type that I’ve yet tested for astrophotography." - Dennis Di Cicco, Sky & Telescope Magazine, May 2016 issue.
At a Glance
- 12" f/8 Advanced Coma Free Optics - 2438mm focal length
- Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC™)
- Crayford Focuser
- StarLock automatic guider
- AutoStar II GOTO system
- Split-Fork arms for improved manageability
- Heavy-duty Giant Field tripod
The fast f/8 Advanced Coma Free optical system produces a wider, flatter field with no coma for pinpoint stars out to the edge of larger imaging sensors and extreme wide angle eyepieces. Includes StarLock for full time guiding at one arc second precision and LightSwitch style auto-alignment, Crayford style zero shift focuser with reduction, AutoStar II GOTO system with over 145,000 object library, and much more.
This 12" LX600 has 254mm (12”) diameter f/8 ACF optics (focal length 2438mm) and Ultra-High Transmission Coatings (UHTC) for maximum image brightness and contrast. The redesigned mirror mounting system achieves zero image shift and includes an internal Crayford style focuser with two speed, 7:1 reduction control that allows for quick and easy adjustments.
Includes StarLock- the revolutionary new technology that makes target acquisition on your imaging sensor and accurate guiding during exposures completely automatic.
The 12" LX600-ACF comes fully equipped with AutoStar II keypad with 145,000 object library, Meade 1.25" diagonal mirror, 26mm Super Plossl eyepiece and 8x50 viewfinder with quick release bracket.
Power panel includes the following ports: 12V input, 12V output, illuminated reticle, handbox, RS-232 x1, StarLock, Aux, and Focuser.
Meade Microfocuser compatible, Microfocuser item #07080 sold separately.
Telescope and Mount Specifications
- Series: LX600 Telescopes
- Warranty: one year Meade factory limited warranty
- Experience Level: Intermediate, Advanced
- Clear Aperture: 306mm (12")
- Optical Design: Advanced Coma-Free (ACF)
- Optical Coatings: UHTC™
- Focal Length: 2438mm
- Focal Ratio: f/8
- Resolving Power (Dawes' Limit): 0.38 arc-seconds
- Oversized Primary Mirror: Yes
- Viewfinder: 8x50mm with cross-hair reticle
- Eyepiece(s): 26mm Series 4000™ Super Plössl
- Focuser Mechanism: Internal Crayford-style, zero image-shift, dual speed 7:1 focuser
- Diagonal: 1.25" diagonal mirror
- Hand Controller: AutoStar® II
- Object Database: 145,000 objects
- Pointing Precision (High-Precision Mode): 1 arc-minute (+/-)
- Periodic Error Correction: Both Axes
- Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC): Yes
- StarLock™: Yes
- Typical Guiding Performance with StarLock: < 1 arc-second
- Slow Motion Controls: Mechanical & Electronic
- Slew Speeds: RA and Dec: 0.01x to1.0x sidereal, variable in 0.01x increments; 2x, 8x, 16x, 64x, 128x sidereal; 1°/sec. to 2°/sec., variable in 0.1° increments
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, or custom-selected from 2000 incremental rates
- Control Panel: 12v DC in, 12v DC out, Power, Focuser, Reticle, Handbox port, 1 computer connection port (RS232), 1 StarLock port, 1 Aux guide port
- Tripod: Giant Field Tripod
- Power Source: (Optional) 12v DC, 5 amp Meade Universal Power Supply
- Batteries (User-Supplied): x8 C cells
- GPS Receiver: Yes
- Time Chip: Yes
- Electronic Focuser: Optional
- Smart Mount™: Yes
- Smart Drive™: Yes
- Anti-vibration Pads: Included
- Wedge: Optional
- Weight of Optical Tube with Upper Split-Fork Arms: 16kg (36 lbs)
- Weight of Drive Base with Lower Split-Fork Arms: 23kg (50 lbs)
- Total Weight of Telescope and Drive Base: 39kg (86 lbs)
- Approximate Shipping Weight: 81kg (179 lbs)