What makes them so popular? They are highly portable telescopes (even the 8" model), with great ease-of-use, quick setup, good performance and outstanding value.
Celestron's well-received NexStar computer drive system is your remote control for the greatest show in the world. The show will be exciting for all ages, thanks to the robotic movement that locates and tracks over 40,000 pre-programmed objects.
The same-sized scope would have sold for nearly twice the price over 12 years ago, and you had to find everything yourself. How times have changed.
- 203mm Aperture
- 2032mm Focal Length
- f/10 f-stop
- Schmidt-Cassegrain design
- Starbright XLT coatings for maximum light transmission and clarity
- 25mm Plossl ocular, 1.25" format, 81x
- 1.25" star diagonal, upgradeable to 2"
- Red dot finderscope
- NexStar computer with nearly 40,000 object database, flash upgradeable
- Revolutionary SkyAlign for easy initial alignment - You don't need to know the names of the stars.
- Powered by 8x AA batteries, or optional 12v AC or car adapter
- NexRemote advanced telescope control software
- RS-232 serial cable
- TheSky® Planetarium software with 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and enhanced images
- Camera adaptable
- Tripod is wedge-upgradeable
- 15 kg (33 lbs) including telescope and tripod
- Two year warranty