Apochromatic refractors have somewhat of a cult following; they are considered the finest instrument to observe and photograph the skies. Due to increasing popularity and lower manufacturing costs, these once-expensive telescopes are now much more affordable.
The Razor-sharp, false colour-free "APO" optics are perfect for visual and photographic applications. Advanced anti-reflection coatings optimize light transmission through the glass, approaching 99.5% transmission. The optical tube is fully baffled and blackened to reduce stray, unfocused light to maximize contrast.
Sky-Watcher chose Schott optical glass for the crown element. Schott pioneered the scientific development of optical glass. Their optical glass specialists are dedicated and experienced. The high levels of quality of Schott optical glass is further enhanced by their stringent quality control procedures. In short, you want the best, right?
The second lens element is comprised of FPL-53 Extra-low Dispersion glass, an exotic blend containing Fluorite. When combined with the Crown element, higher resolution and contrast is achieved by virtually eliminating chromatic aberration, an effect caused by colors focusing to different points.
Note: Picture shows a right-angle finder. This model actually ships with a straight-through finder.
- FPL-53 ED glass aids in the elimination of chromatic aberration
- Crown element made with grade-A optical glass
- Fully baffled and blackened for maximum contrast
- 2" Crayford focuser w/ 10:1 fine-focus for smooth, precise focusing
- Includes Aluminum carry case
- Includes "The Beginners Guide to Using Telescopes" written by our knowledgeable staff.
- Aperture: 100mm (3.9")
- Focal Length: 900mm (35.5")
- Focal Ratio: f/9
- Lens Construction: doublet APO, first element crown glass, second element FPL-53 ED glass
- Focuser: 2" 10:1 dual-speed Crayford, with lock screw
- Eyepiece: 2" 28mm (32x) w/ adjustable eye guard
- Diagonal: 2" Dielectric star diagonal, 1.25" reducer adapter, both with brass compression rings
- Barlow lens: Available (sold separately)
- Finderscope: 9x50 straight-body
- Mount Type: Cast Aluminum rings with 44mm (1.75") dovetail bar, can be mated to a variety of mounts.
- Camera Capable:
- USB imagers
- All-in-one cameras via universal digital camera adapter
- DSLR/SLR (Requires T2 ring, 2" prime focus adapter recommended, but not required)
- Above cameras and adapters sold separately
- Piggyback adapter built-in
- Optical Tube Weight: 3kg (6.6lbs)
- Color: Black tube w/ metal flake, white castings
- One year warranty